Guide: NKN’s official token swap web tool
Read me first
- You only need to use the NKN token swap web tool, if and only if you own NKN tokens and store them in private wallet. If you use exchange (such as gate.io) and store your tokens in an exchange account, you do not need to do anything since your token swap will be automatically done by exchange.
- Please do a test swap with a small amount of NKN tokens before you swap a very large amount of tokens.
- If you have question, please contact our customer support email@example.com directly.
This swap has nothing to do with NKN test tokens (tNKN) mined on testnet
Step1: launch token swap web tool
Go to webpage https://swap.nkn.org and follow the instructions to launch the token swap tool.
Step 2: Fill in the details
There are three inputs you need to enter:
- NEO wallet address FROM where you will send your NEP-5 based NKN token. We show here screenshot from NEON wallet, where to find this address.
- Amount of NKN you want to swap: e.g. 1,000
- ETH wallet address TO where you will receive your ERC-20 based NKN token. We show here screenshot from Metamask wallet as Chrome browser plug-in.
- Your email address: this is optional, and mainly for customer support in case you experience technical difficulty.
In the following example, you can find out your NEO address from NEON wallet. This address should start with letter “A”.
In the following example, you can find your Ethereum address from Metamask wallet. The address should start with “0x”.
Once you collect all the information, you can enter into the web tool as below. Then press “Next Step”.
Step 3: Transfer the NEP-5 tokens
One you press “Next Step” from Step 2, you will find a similar screenshot on your https://swap.nkn.org website. This is a summary of your swap order, with all the information you previously entered, as well as an Order ID, and swap status.
Please record your Order ID now, for future reference in case of issues.
Important note: you have to transfer the EXACT same amount of NKN token as specified in the swap order. Otherwise the order will be rejected.
This screen also shows you a very important address: “NEP-5 payment address”. You will need to transfer your NEP-5 tokens from your wallet to this “NEP-5 payment address”.
We show an example of such transfer from NEON wallet. Your wallet may have a different user interface and procedure but the concept should be the same.
Step 4: Check your token swap progress
Using the token swap web tool https://swap.nkn.org , when you press “Next Step” within the dialog from Step 3, or if you click on the top right corner “History” menu, you can see the progress of your token swap order. Due to confirmation time on both the NEO blockchain and Ethereum blockchain, this could take a bit of time. Please record your Order ID, in case you cannot get token swap completed successfully within a reasonable amount of time (for example, 4 hours or more).
Once you click on the “Order ID”, you can find the order details page:
Check your sending NEO address for balance of NEP-5 NKN tokens:
Check your receiving ETH address for balance of ERC-20 NKN tokens:
You can also check your ERC-20 NKN token balance in your wallet. But first you need to add NKN as a custom token in Metamask. Full instructions are here, where the contract address is 0x5cf04716ba20127f1e2297addcf4b5035000c9eb, Token symbol is NKN, and Decimals is 18:
An example screen in Metamask Ethereum wallet (Chrome plug-in) is shown below:
You have successfully swapped your NKN token from NEP-5 to ERC-20.
NKN is the new kind of P2P network connectivity protocol & ecosystem powered by a novel public blockchain. We use economic incentives to motivate Internet users to share network connection and utilize unused bandwidth. NKN’s open, efficient, and robust networking infrastructure enables application developers to build the decentralized Internet so everyone can enjoy secure, low cost, and universally accessible connectivity.