Resolutions 2018: A belated publish
This past year has been full of exceeded expectations and I obliterated my 52 mile running goal with a total of 194 miles run. My academic goals were also fully achieved with the 4.0 GPA I achieved during my first semester. I’m already part way to all of this year’s goals but thought it still worth publishing for the drive of public accountability.
New Year’s Resolutions 2018
- Run 365+ miles and beat all current Garmin records (https://connect.garmin.com/modern/profile/nhuberfeely)
- Regularly do 100 pushups in 2 minutes and 100 situps in the same time through daily practice
- Continue my 4.0 GPA (with absolute minimum of 3.7 in worse case)
- Practice mindfulness daily to have better control over my own mind and fall asleep faster
- Read 12+ books for curiosity or fun (shouldn’t be a problem with 2 books already finished)
- Listen to 18,000 songs because why not (http://www.last.fm/user/nhuberfeely)
- Get Ham radio license for fun and space technology development
My main goal list is significantly longer, but they extend to more mundane metrics like email’s sent and productive hours logged in RescueTime.
Updates [as of 11/26/18]:
Far surpassed my running goal (at 769 miles as of update) and accomplished my reading goal (18 finished as of update). I’m now over 18,000 songs in and have solidly crushed the goal. Further, my GPA seems secure and I’ve kept up daily meditation. I’ve decided against pursuing the Ham license this year, but plan to study for it over winter break and can move it to a 2019 goal. I’ve changed my pushup form to one that is more exhausting and am unlikely to break 100 pushups in 2-minutes, but have a reasonable chance still with the situp goal.