io.js Week of April 3rd
io.js 1.6.3 release, internal modules, and reconciliation progress
- fs: corruption can be caused by fs.writeFileSync() and append-mode fs.writeFile() and fs.writeFileSync() under certain circumstances, reported in #1058, fixed in #1063 (Olov Lassus).
- timers: two minor problems with timers have been fixed:
- Timer.close() is now properly idempotent #1288 (Petka Antonov). setTimeout() will only run the callback once now after an unref() during the callback #1231 (Roman Reiss). NOTE: there are still other unresolved concerns with the timers code, such as #1152.
- Windows: a “delay-load hook” has been added for compiled add-ons on Windows that should alleviate some of the problems that Windows users may be experiencing with add-ons in io.js #1251 (Bert Belder).
- V8: minor bug-fix upgrade for V8 to 188.8.131.52.
- npm: upgrade npm to 2.7.4. See npm CHANGELOG.md for details.
- Some problems exist with timers and unref() still to be resolved. See #1152.
- Possible small memory leak(s) may still exist but have yet to be properly identified, details at #1075.
- Surrogate pair in REPL can freeze terminal #690
- Not possible to build io.js as a static library #686
- process.send() is not synchronous as the docs suggest, a regression introduced in 1.0.2, see #760 and fix in #774
- Calling dns.setServers() while a DNS query is in progress can cause the process to crash on a failed assertion #894
- Scaleway provides some ARM resources for the iojs test/build infrastructure.
- New post on Medium about Node.js reconciliation: Help us reconcile node.js and io.js
- Added support for iojs in Reactive-Extensions/RxJS
- joyent/nodejs-advisory-board#30 merged
- Mikeal Rogers is working on reconciling Project Lifecycle and io.js WGs joyent/nodejs-advisory-board#33
- Rod Vagg opened the discussion forum about Node.js reconciliation in iojs/io.js#1336
- NodeConf tickets are on sale, June 8th and 9th at Oakland, CA and NodeConf Adventure for June 11th — 14th at Walker Creek Ranch, CA
- CascadiaJS tickets are on sale, July 8th — 10th at Washington State
- NodeConf EU tickets are on sale, September 6th — 9th at Waterford, Ireland
- nodeSchool tokyo will be held in April 12th at Tokyo, Japan