io.js and Node.js News
This week we didn’t have io.js releases, complete changelog from previous releases can be found on GitHub.
- ES2015 is approved, ES2015 is now an ecma standard.
- Linux foundation announces Node.js Foundation
- IBM VP Angel Diaz talks about the new Node.js Foundation. Video on YouTube
- Blog post by Raymond Camden: Using Cloud Code, Mobile Application Security, Node.js and Bluemix
- Deploying Multiple Node.js Apps with strong-pm.io article by Strongloop
- The smartest way to program smart things: Node.js article on O’Reilly Radar by Leah Hunter
- Blog post by Sebastian Seilund: Node.js async in practice: When to use what?
- Not Really Single Page Apps blog post on DailyJS
- Containerizing Node.js Apps with Docker and StrongLooparticle by Strongloop
- Built in Node.js: startups, apps, projects using Node
- Interview in Free Software Magazine about the merge and the foundation
- Why Node.js is hitting the big time in Enterprise Marketsand Keeping things simple with Node.js articles by Daniel Khan
- Blog post by Paul Sauve: Comparing NodeJS IDEs (now with ST3 and WebStorm!)
- Understanding npm and blog post about it by Nodesource.
- Node.js High Availability article by Box
- Deploying a Scalable Node.js Application with Docker by Nodevember. Video on YouTube
- Top 10 Reasons To Use Node.js article by Modulus.io
- Painless Microsoft SQL Server with Node.js and seriatearticle by Leankit
- Blog post: Golden rules for JS introduction to your EE project
- The State of Node in the Enterprise by Rod Vagg
- Organizations joining the Node.js Foundation:
- Famous Industries
- Nodeday tickets are free, June 26th at DigitasLBi, London
- CascadiaJS tickets are on sale, July 8th — 10th at Washington State
- BrazilJS Conf tickets are on sale, August 21st — 22nd at Shopping Center BarraShoppingSul
- NodeConf EU tickets are on sale, September 6th — 9th at Waterford, Ireland
- JSConf CO, October 16th — 17th at Ruta N, Medellin