io.js Week of June 26th
- module: The number of syscalls made during a require() have been significantly reduced again (see #1801 from v2.2.0 for previous work), which should lead to a performance improvement (Pierre Inglebert) #1920.
- Upgrade to v2.11.2 (Rebecca Turner) #1956.
- Upgrade to v2.11.3 (Forrest L Norvell) #2018.
- zlib: A bug was discovered where the process would abort if the final part of a zlib decompression results in a buffer that would exceed the maximum length of 0x3fffffff bytes (~1GiB). This was likely to only occur during buffered decompression (rather than streaming). This is now fixed and will instead result in a thrown RangeError(Michaël Zasso) #1811.
See https://github.com/nodejs/io.js/labels/confirmed-bug for complete and current list of known issues.
- Some problems with unreferenced timers running during beforeExit are still to be resolved. See #1264.
- Surrogate pair in REPL can freeze terminal #690
- process.send() is not synchronous as the docs suggest, a regression introduced in 1.0.2, see #760 and fix in#774
- Calling dns.setServers() while a DNS query is in progress can cause the process to crash on a failed assertion#894
- url.resolve may transfer the auth portion of the url when resolving between two full hosts, see #1435.
- Slide deck: Bluemix Webinar: Deploying a Full Stack Node.js Application to IBM Bluemix
- Article by RisingStack: How to Use Rust with Node.js When Performance Matters
- Device Atlas API now supports Node.js
- On Maintaining a Native Node Module by Chris Williams
- nodei.co is running with io.js
- npm 3.0.0 pre-release
- CascadiaJS tickets are on sale, July 8th — 10th at Washington State
- BrazilJS Conf tickets are on sale, August 21st — 22nd at Shopping Center BarraShoppingSul
- NodeConf EU tickets are on sale, September 6th — 9th at Waterford, Ireland
- Node.js Italian Conference tickets are on sale, October 10th at Desenzano — Brescia, Italy
- JSConf CO, October 16th — 17th at Ruta N, Medellin