I’m Lola Phoenix and I run this column/podcast.
After writing a few successful articles about non-monogamy and receiving some private messages in other forums asking for advice, I decided to try and start a non-monogamy advice column in January 2017. I produced fortnightly columns for two years as letters came in.
And in January 2019, I decided to launch a podcast version of the column, given I had got so many letters. Monthly, thus far we have around 1.5k listeners. The podcast is available on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, PodKnife and via RSS feed. I got to chat in June 2019 with the Multiamory Podcast.
Though I use “we”, I do most of the work and it’s supported by generous Patrons who decide to pledge even just $1 to support the podcast and column. Patrons get the podcasts and columns 4 days before everyone else and a few other bonuses. Patrons who give $5 or more a month have their names read at the end of the podcast, if they wish. Please consider becoming a patron!
You can also find full transcripts of the podcast episodes on Patreon which anyone can read.
I work with a queer, bisexual, poly, and kinky therapist who specialises in PTSD, sexuality and relationships. I email my responses to them for each question and they provide additional feedback where needed.
If you’d like to ask for some advice, email firstname.lastname@example.org. All names are anonymised. You can specify if you’d like if you’d like your question to be answered on the podcast or the column. There are different questions on the column than the podcast and I aim to respond to all emails in 7 business days at least.
And last but not least, if you can’t become a Patron and want to show some support, please feel free to make a PayPal donation.
Check out some of the general articles I’ve done about polyamory before and after I started the column.
Thanks for reading. ❤
General polyamory writings
- Thirteen things I wish I’d learned before choosing non-monogamy
- Why I don’t identify as ‘poly’
- Compersion is not compulsory
- Breaking up is necessary to do
- A relationship is not a skill
- The hierarchy polyamorous people don’t talk about
- Five reasons ‘Couple privilege’ doesn’t exist
- Useless Polyam Advice: Self-worth
- Useless Polyam Advice: Jealousy vs. Fear
- Non-monogamy and fear
- What anxiety taught me about non-monogamy
- 9 ways toxic parenting impacted your non-monogamy
- 9 strategies for counteracting toxic parenting in non-monogamy
- Don’t you get jealous?