That’s pretty intense exams! (•̀ᴗ•́)و I thought I wouldn’t pass but it turns out well so if I can do it you can do it too! Let’s start!
Try to get the voucher by complete the challenge which is just 2 Qwick labs! For me I got $120 voucher which save me a lot from a fear to lose money and get nothing. 😆
2. Practise everyday
Here’s a list that you can’t skip reading, and you should keep revisit them as much as possible.
- Professional Data Engineer Certification exam guide
- Data Engineering on GCP
QwiklabsBaseline: Data, ML, AI
- Preparing for the Google Cloud Professional Data Engineer Exam
- Partner Certification Kickstart
- Live Q&A office hours #1
- Live Q&A office hours #2
- Practice Exam
- Google Machine Learning Crash Course
3. Learn from others
Many of them are a bit outdated but still worth reading
- GCP Data Engineer
- Google Data Engineering Cheatsheet
- A Study Guide to the Google Cloud Professional Data Engineer Certification Path
- How I Passed the Google Cloud Professional Data Engineer Certification Exam
- On Passing All Google Cloud Certifications
- Notes from my Google Cloud Professional Data Engineer Exam (this one is most accurate other is outdated)
- A GCP flowchart a day
- Deconstructing a Customer Case: Data Engineer Exam
- Every Google Cloud product described in 4 words or less
4. Make your own cheat sheet
I did my own brain dump version via draw.io and it help a lot
- There’s no shortcut! I’m not a genius in any way. I just keep trying again and again (I actually had a dream to become a designer!)
- Don’t underestimate your brain. I’m 39 years old and it’s still function.
- English is a door to knowledge. I’m not a native speaker but I keep practicing every day so don’t give up especially if you were born with the English language.
- I just learn Machine Learning start from JAN (along with running startup) so even they recommend experienced 3 or more years in Data Engineer field, I would say self-learner and inexperienced like me still can nailed it! So you will!
- The questions is more like Practice Exam but 3x harder + 4x complexity. no coding, no labs just multiple choices to click through.
There’s only Professional Data Engineer 10 in Thailand which is seem to not accurate. At least 2 of my known friends didn’t list there.
The exam just get updated so other blog I read is somehow outdated already I would recommend this one for your preparation.
Notes from my Google Cloud Professional Data Engineer Exam
Immediately after the exam I do a memory dump as notes. Hence it is also quite unordered. This is a sanitized list that…
UPDATE 2020 : Data Engineering Learning Path now include Data Fusion and Cloud Composer. More labs on advanced BigQuery, BigQuery ML, and Bigtable streaming