Introducing nOS Poker — Free Online Poker with Real Crypto Prizes
nOS Poker (https://nos.poker) is the world’s first free online Proof of Loyalty poker game, where you can play free poker and win real crypto prizes!
Thanks to our unique Proof of Loyalty system, we’re able to host the biggest freerolls in online poker.
What is nOS Poker?
nOS Poker is a skill-based free-to-play poker game with real token prizes.
- The poker games are in a tournament format: players register before the tournament starts, everyone starts with the same amount of chips, and winners earn real crypto based on their final rank when the game ends.
- Projects that have their own token (such as nOS) can host tournaments using tokens for the prize pool.
- To register for a tournament, players need to hold an amount of the projects’ tokens on their nos.app wallet address (nOS ID). This is called Proof of Loyalty.
- You don’t pay to join a tournament. You only need to hold tokens on your wallet. So the games are free!
Why did we build nOS Poker?
First and foremost: we like the game of poker! We wanted to build something that’s fun, skill-based, rewarding, and free.
Furthermore, nOS Poker demonstrates the use of nOS ID’s Verified Address data to build a one-click log-in system that easily integrates tokens and cryptocurrencies.
The game also gives users an incentive to use nOS Client on a daily basis. This allows us to gather more feedback and improve our product’s user experience.
Improving the UX is important for when more apps launch on nOS in the near future!
How do I play?
- Download nOS Client and create (or open) a NEO wallet.
- Inside nOS Client, register to nos.app. You should already see the registration page as soon as you created your wallet. If you already have a connected account then you will be logged in automatically.
- Inside nOS Client, navigate to nos.poker.
- Check the Games Calendar for upcoming tournaments. Click on a tournament to view more details.
- “Req. Balance” (Required Balance) tells you how many tokens you need to hold in order to register for a tournament. Note: You only need to hold the tokens to play. You never actually spend them.
- Click the Play Now button to go to the nOS Poker lobby.
- Click the Tournaments button, and register for the game that you have the Req. Balance for. You can click the “Games Calendar” on the bottom left of your screen to quickly check for games along with their required balances.
- Start & Registration times are in your local timezone.
What tournaments are there?
There are at least 2 tournaments happening every week:
- The Winner Wednesday at 18:00 UTC
- The Super Sunday at 22:00 UTC
- You will need a minimum balance of 500 NOS on your own wallet to play.
- Up to 90 players can play.
- First come, first serve! If the tournament is full, you can’t register anymore.
- You don’t spend your tokens, you just need to hold them!
The tournament will serve as a beta and stress-test. That means issues might come up, which we will monitor to fix for future games!
We will also be hosting more than one free tournament every day. Stay tuned!
Any tokenized project can apply to sponsor tournaments! It’s a gamified airdrop, where projects can engage their communities through a real-time multiplayer game and reward token holders.