npm weekly #236: firstname.lastname@example.org is here with support for multiple funding entries! 🎉
email@example.com: Support for multiple funding entries 🎉
You can update to the latest version of the CLI in the usual way:
$ npm install -g npm@latest
The discussion regarding workspaces has been a hot topic in our recent Open RFC meetings, and we’d like your input! Join the conversation here and let us know your thoughts.
TypeScript 3.8 is here
TypeScript 3.8 brings a lot of new features, including type-only imports/exports, private fields, ‘export * as ns’ syntax, top-level ‘await’, convert to template string, call hierarchy and more. Read all about it!
Get it via:
npm install -g typescript
Project highlight: firstname.lastname@example.org
email@example.com (a toolkit for building GitHub Actions in Node.js) is now available! This version introduces features that wrap the official actions/* libraries, and changes the direction of the library to be “an opinionated alternative.” Learn more here.
Access it via:
$ npm install actions-toolkit
Note, the alternative library GitHub Actions ToolKit makes many features optional in the interest of performance, so you may prefer to use it instead of this library.
📅 Mark your calendars!
- ConFoo: TOMORROW! Open Source Developer Ruy Adorno will be talking about “Mock API endpoints for fun and profit” in Montreal on Friday, February 28. Learn more.
- NodeSchool SF: THIS WEEKEND! Hang out with other learners and mentors in a low stress, encouraging environment (plus, pizza!). Saturday, February 29th from 1–5pm. RSVP here.
- NodeSchool Oakland: Saturday, March 14 from 1–5pm. Sign up as a learner or mentor here.
- Open RFC meetings: Join the conversation → Wednesday, March 4 at 11am PT/2pm ET. Add your topics to be considered for discussion (agenda and meeting details will be shared here soon). Miss this week’s Open RFC call? You can access the meeting notes here.
- REFACTOR 2020: Serverless: join several of npm’s wombats on May 22 in Toronto for the REFACTOR 2020 event, featuring a mix of industry-expert speakers sharing their experience and lessons in building serverless applications.
npm Pro & npm Teams for all your npm Needs
Meet npm Pro and npm Teams! Both tools empower developers to utilize private packages and collaborate, either working with contributors on Open Source projects (Pro), or working as a team on mission-critical applications (Teams).
OpenJS World + OpenJS Foundation Collaborator Summit