This first quarter of 2020 has ushered in challenges that we could have never imagined, and we all have to confront the new reality we’re living in.
The U.S. just surpassed China in the number of confirmed coronavirus cases, making it the new epicenter of the pandemic. The global economy is at a significant decline, and forecasts on a possible timeline for the end of the pandemic are precarious, to say the least.
But there is something we know for certain: we will get through this. We know this because history taught us that the world has overcome worse crises, and because we are resourceful.
When going gets tough the tough get going!
At NUMA New York, we have invested some time to put together a list of resources available for individuals, startups and small businesses to support financially and not only.
US Federal & States
- The US Small Business Administration resources for SMBs and relief programs related to the COVID-19:
More information about their programs here.
- Federal Income Tax Filing and Payment Deadline Extension: Filing and Payment Deadline Extended to July 15, 2020. Read more about it here.
2. New York State:
- New York City Employee Retention Grant Program: A grant for businesses with less than 5 employees to cover 40% of payroll costs for two months
- New York City Small Business Continuity Fund: Businesses with fewer than 100 employees who have seen sales decreases of 25% or more are eligible for zero-interest loans of up to $75,000 to help retain employees and ensure business continuity.
- NYS Paid Family Leave Extensions for COVID-19
- NYS is waiving the 7-Day waiting period for Unemployment Insurance benefits for people who are out of work due to Coronavirus (COVID-19) closures or quarantines. Here you can find the guidelines to file a claim.
- NYC COVID-19 Response & Impact Fund: Fund created to support NYC-based nonprofits that are trying to meet the new and urgent needs that are hitting the city.
- Export-Import Bank of the United States relief provisions
- Small Business Resources SBDC
3. Other US States:
- California: San Francisco COVID-19 Small Business Resiliency Fund & Los Angeles Small Business Emergency Microloan Program
- Colorado: Denver Small Business Emergency Relief
- Illinois: Chicago Small Business Resiliency Fund
- Michigan: Michigan Small Business Relief Program
- Oregon: Jade District-Old Town COVID-19 Small Business Response Fund
4. Support for Individuals:
- Grocery Delivery: Invisible Hands; Khalsa Aid
- Coronavirus Care Fund: $400 in emergency assistance for qualifying home care workers, nannies, and house cleaners who are experiencing financial hardship due to the coronavirus pandemic
- Bill payment assistance: ConEdison; Wifi;
- Banks: List Of Banks Offering Relief To Customers Affected By Coronavirus
5. Resources for Restaurants & the Hospitality Sector:
- Emergency Coronavirus Tipped and Service Worker Support Fund
- Restaurant Response Program
- Restaurant Workers COVID19 Crisis Relief Fund
- Bartender Emergency Assistance Program
- European Commission Temporary Framework for State aid measures
- Austria: Government support here;
- Belgium: government measures
- Denmark: COVID-19 relief package for businesses; government-backed hotline for businesses at +45 7220 0034.
- Finland: Finland Bank; Business Finland resources for Business; Tax relief programs; Finnvera support; Government hackathon
- France: Government resources; startup toolkit; free tech resources
- Germany: Handbook for startups with funding & resources; operative measures
- Iceland: Government measures
- Ireland: contacts & resources for startups here; Enterprise Ireland Response Plan; Government support
- Italy: information & innovative startups here; government measures here
- Norway: Oslo Business Region resources list
- Spain: government measures here.
- Sweden: government measures here; business resources here; business faq & info here
- The Netherlands: FAQ for entrepreneurs; government measures; government announcements; startup guide
- UK: SMBs resources; Government Support measures here
- Egypt: read about the measures here
- Mauritius: read about the measures here
- Morocco: read about the measures here.
- Tunisia: read about the measures here.
- South Africa: read about the measures here.
Startups & SMBs Toolkit
In a time when we need to keep our distance, we can’t shake hands or hug, we have realized how important it is to show that we care. And while we miss these simple gestures of affirmation, we have discovered new ways of demonstrating our affection to the community.
Community is what makes our world so unique, it’s what makes NUMA special. Being part of a community is the reason why our founders are more than just colleagues, it’s the reason why they support each other and become part of a family. Community is why our mentors and investors stay with us for the long-run and why we, at NUMA, feel blessed every day when we get up for work in the morning.
The beautiful thing about our community is the resiliency and genuine nature of support, problem-solving, and giving. Please know that the NUMA team and the greater NUMA community is here to support you in any way we can.
“It is only in our darkest hours that we may discover the true strength of the brilliant light within ourselves that can never, ever, be dimmed.”