Nuvola 3.1 Milestone 3 (3.1.3 for short) is the third milestone on the way towards the Nuvola 4.0 release (formerly referred to as Nuvola 3.2). There have been 54 commits since Nuvola 3.1.2, 25 code changes since Diorite 0.3.2 and 11 changes since Nuvola SDK 1.3.0. The headline of this release is elementaryOS as a new supported distribution.
Nuvola in elementaryOS
Nuvola flatpaks used to look pretty ugly in elementaryOS because the elementary GTK theme was not included. Unfortunately, the upstream version of the theme is not compatible with the latest stable GTK+ 3.22, so I created a work-in-progress GTK+ 3.22 port for Nuvola.
The documentation of Nuvola has been updated to describe which features are available: sound menu applet, playback controls in dock menu, background playback and track change notifications, and more.
Complete Change Log
Nuvola 3.1 Milestone 3 was released on April 30, 2017.
- elementaryOS Loki has been added among officially supported distributions. Nuvola flatpaks contain a work-in-progress GTK+ 3.22 port of the elementary theme to provide elementaryOS users with a native look. Installation instructions and documentation have been updated accordingly. Issue: tiliado/nuvolaplayer#4
- All three variants of the Arc theme have been added to Nuvola flatpaks. Issue: tiliado/nuvolaplayer/issues/318
- Ubuntu themes have been updated. Issue: tiliado/nuvolaplayer#324
- Initial start-up of flatpak builds is faster.
- The text of Welcome dialog was moved to the first tab of the main window because it may contain useful information.
- WebKitGTK+ 2.16 API to set network proxy is used replacing previous legacy hacks.
- The official builds of Nuvola are marked as “genuine flatpak builds”
- Apps that are not media players no longer steal media keys. Issue: tiliado/nuvolaplayer#230
- Fixed activation for Premium users. Issue: tiliado/nuvolaplayer#325
- App menu, toolbar & menu bar handling was refactored and double app menus fixed. Issue: tiliado/diorite#4
Under the Hood:
- Build script of Nuvola was reworked, ported to Waf 1.9.10 and supports branding. See Readme.md for more information.
- Build script of Diorite was reworked and ported to Waf 1.9.10. See Diorite’s Readme.md for more information.
- Modernization has begun. Dependencies were raised and legacy code is being removed.
- All Python scripts require Python >= 3.4.
- Code has been ported to Valac 0.36.
Thank You for Your Support
At the time of writing, the awesome people listed bellow and a few others are Nuvola Patrons, who support the development of Nuvola Player and have access to Nuvola Player 3.1 Rolling Releases (including cross-distribution flatpak packages). Thank you all!
Andrew Allen, Bart Libert, Simon Law, Bryan Wyatt, Christian Dannie Storgaard, José Antonio Rey, Ryan Wagner, Chris Beeley, Andrew Azores, David, Andrew Kvalheim, Balázs, Ben MacLeod, Duco van Amstel, David Wiczer, Martin Wimpress, Gabriele.
If you are a Nuvola Patron but your name is not listed, you have to enable the “Show my name and a link to my external profile page in a list of Patrons.” option in your profile settings. Obviously, it is not enabled by default to protect privacy of our patrons.