Nuvola 4.9 Updates 3 Scripts and Adds Few Tweaks
Nuvola 4.9 was released. It is mostly a maintenance release as most of energy is invested in the Chromium port of Nuvola and the development of other features has slowed down. The current status of this ambitious effort will be described in a separate announcement.
To install Nuvola, follow installation instructions at the Nuvola Apps Repository Index. To update Nuvola, run
flatpak update --system && flatpak update --user in terminal (as a regular user, not root/sudo) or use a package manager which supports Flatpak (e.g. a recent GNOME Software application).
This blog post is targeted to users. If you are a developer or a packager, make sure you are subscribed to Nuvola-devel mailing list to receive a more technical release announcement.
- BBC iPlayer 1.3 (maintained by Andrew Stubbs) fixes integration of radio shows, added integration of progress bar, volume bar and skip action.
- SiriusXM 1.4 (maintained by Jiří Janoušek) adapts metadata parsing to recent SiriusXM changes.
- Yandex Music 1.5 (adopted by Aleksey Zhidkov) was enhanced with an integrated Like button. An album art fix by Alexander Konarev has been also incorporated.
- An address bar to display/change the current URL is shown when you press Ctrl+L or click the gear menu button → Load URL.
- Page loading indicator was added.
Nuvola Contributes to Good Angel Foundation
Jiri Janousek, the core developer of Nuvola Apps project, is glad to contribute a part of the project’s revenue to the Good Angel foundation. This way, he can regularly help families with children, which face financial distress as a result of severe illness. Even small monetary donations can help these families overcome a tough period.
Thank You for Your Support
At the time of writing, the awesome people listed bellow and a few others are Nuvola Patrons, who support the development of Nuvola Player. Thank you all!
Andrew Allen, Simon Law, Bart Libert, Bryan Wyatt, Christian Dannie Storgaard, José Antonio Rey, Ryan Wagner, Chris Beeley, David, Andrew Azores, Andrew Kvalheim, Balázs, Ben MacLeod, Martin Wimpress, Duco van Amstel, David Wiczer, Gabriele, Nathan Warkentin.
If you are a Nuvola Patron but your name is not listed, you have to enable the “Show my name and a link to my external profile page in a list of Patrons.” option in your profile settings. Obviously, it is not enabled by default to protect privacy of our patrons.