Nuvola 3.0 used to support a wide range of old distributions. However, this situation has become unbearable as the WebKitGTK+ library included in these distributions is full of bugs, which may make web apps work incorrectly, and contains hundreds of security vulnerabilities. In addition, several of these distributions have already reached their end of life. If you are affected, I recommend upgrading.
We recommend upgrading to Ubuntu 16.04 LTS Xenial Xerus.
- Ubuntu 14.04 LTS Trusty Tahr is still supported by Canonical, but contains insecure & buggy WebKitGTK 2.4.10.
- Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn reached End of Life on July 23, 2015.
- Ubuntu 15.04 Vivid Vervet reached End of Life on February 4 2016.
- Ubuntu 15.10 Wily Werewolf reached End of Life on July 28 2016
We recommend upgrading to Fedora 25.
- Fedora 23 reached End Of Life on December 20th, 2016.
Since Debian doesn’t provide security updates of WebKitGTK for stable distribution (Jessie), we recommend switching to flatpak builds or upgrading to Debian testing (Stretch) or unstable (Sid).
- Debian 8 Jessie (stable) is no longer supported in Nuvola 3.0.x series because of insecure & buggy WebKitGTK 2.6.2. However, it is still supported in Nuvola 3.1.x series, because flatpak builds don’t use system libraries.
All Nuvola series support Ubuntu 16.04–17.04, Fedora 24–25 and Debian Stretch and Sid. Nuvola 3.1.x & 4.x series also support Debian Jessie, Arch Linux and elementaryOS.
Thank You for Your Support
At the time of writing, the awesome people listed bellow and a few others are Nuvola Patrons, who support the development of Nuvola Player and have access to Nuvola Player 3.1 Rolling Releases (including cross-distribution flatpak packages). Thank you all!
Andrew Allen, Bart Libert, Simon Law, Bryan Wyatt, José Antonio Rey, Christian Dannie Storgaard, Ryan Wagner, Chris Beeley, David, Andrew Azores, Andrew Kvalheim, Balázs, Ben MacLeod, Duco van Amstel, Martin Wimpress, David Wiczer, Gabriele, Nathan Warkentin.
If you are a Nuvola Patron but your name is not listed, you have to enable the “Show my name and a link to my external profile page in a list of Patrons.” option in your profile settings. Obviously, it is not enabled by default to protect privacy of our patrons.