These are 5 things to considerwhen evaluating UI/UX (designs, flows, apps, etc.):
- Visual rhyme: Usually vertical and horizontal alignments.
- Accessibility: Is it easy to read and recognize all elements?
- Affordances: Does the UI offer clues about how it should be used?
- Mistake-proofing (“Poka-yoke”): Is the user protected from trivial mistakes?
- Defensive design: Are consequences of mistakes minimized?
Bonus point: Try to identify early if the stakeholders' team goes into bikeshedding mode, and push the discussion forward.