Designed by Community RFP Information Session
1/28/2022: This story has been updated to include a video of the January 27, 2022 information session that took place from 6–7pm via Zoom.
The Service Design Studio at the Mayor’s Office for Economic Opportunity, with the support of the Mayor’s Fund, hosted an information session about the Designed by Community RFP on January 20, 2022 and January 27, 2022. Interested non-profit community based organizations came together to learn more about the RFP and the design process that guides this program’s implementation.
We hosted this session to create a better understanding of the values and goals of the Designed by Community Program through sharing context and design process, living experience, an example of a low-lift participatory practice, and open dialogue for Q+A.
By the end we hoped non-profit community based organizations could:
- Conclude if they would like to work in partnership with the Studio
- Understand their internal capacity and available resources to submit a response to the Designed by Community RFP
The information session held time to:
- Introduce ourselves, the Mayor’s Fund, and last year’s cohort team
- Give context and explain our process driven approach
- Hear the experience of cohort 1’s Fellows and non-profit CBO partner, Take Root Justice
- Hear about broad topics related to the Program, as decided by the participants
- Have a period of open Q+A
Below are the video recordings from each session:
As well as the deck that was used during the session:
Designed by Community Information Session
Full slide deck from our January 20th and 27th information session
What is the RFP timeline?
- Request for Proposal publicized on Mayor’s Fund website: January 10, 2022 — February 21, 2022, 11:59pm ET
- Upcoming information for interested non-profit community based organizations (bit.ly/dxcinfo2022): January 27, 2022, 6–7pm
- Deadline for questions submission to FundRFP@cityhall.nyc.gov: January 31, 2022, 5pm EST
- Answers to Q&A posted to Mayor’s Fund website: February 7, 2022
- Request for Proposal submission deadline: February 21, 2022, 11:59pm EST
Where to Apply
- More information on the RFP and how to apply can be found at the Mayor’s Fund website.
- You can also check out our Medium blog about the RFP for a high level overview.
- Questions regarding the RFP must be submitted in writing to FundRFP@cityhall.nyc.gov by 5pm EST on January 31, 2022.
- Please indicate “Designed by Community RFP Question” in the subject line. Questions will be posted on the Mayor’s Fund website by 5pm on February 7, 2022.
- Proposals for the RFP must be submitted in a single PDF file to FundRFP@cityhall.nyc.gov by February 21, 2022 at 11:59pm EST. Please indicate “Designed by Community RFP Response” in the subject line.