O3 Desktop: Creating a new wallet
If you don’t already have a NEO or Ontology wallet, or would just like to make a new wallet, this article will walk you through how to do so with the O3 desktop app.
This article is a part of our set of guides for using the O3 Desktop wallet. We encourage your to check it out when you get a chance.
Install the app
If you haven’t already downloaded the app, you can get it from any of the following:
Creating a new wallet from login screen
- Open the O3 app
- If you are already on the dashboard or setting screen please scroll down to the next section in this article.
- Select “Create new wallet”
- Fill out a name for your wallet
- Enter in a passphrase to encrypt your credentials to be securely stored by the desktop app, then click “Create”
- Your will presented with your new wallet credentials.
- Please save these credentials in a secure place, and be sure not to lose them. If they are lost, there is no recovery service for your account.
- Please also be careful when using your private key, as anyone with this can log into your wallet and extract your funds
- If you would like to print your credentials to create a paper wallet, please click the “Print wallet” button
- If you would like to hide your private key before printing, please click the “Hide private key” button beforehand
- Once you have saved your wallet credentials in a secure location, close this screen at the top right, and you will be taken to the wallet dashboard for your new wallet.
- You can use the QR code or address on the righthand side of the dashboard to add funds to your wallet.
- This wallet accepts NEO, GAS, all NEP5 tokens, ONT, and ONG.
- If you are new to crypto, and would like to purchase some with fiat money, we would suggest using Coinbase. If you sign up with our referral link, you will get $10 worth of free Bitcoin.
- If you already have crypto, but would like to get NEO, GAS, all NEP5 tokens, ONT, and ONG for use in this wallet, we would suggest using Binance, as linked here.