It’s September once again, the time of year when many people come to make Birmingham their home — whether for work, for University, or for family. So, you’ve just arrived in (what we think is) the greatest city in the world. What’s all the fuss about?
- It’s big — over a million people.
- It’s diverse — one in three residents is from an ethnic minority.
- It’s young — nearly 40% of the population is under 25.
- It’s historic — settlements here date back thousands of years.
- It’s green — over 600 parks and open spaces covering 8000 acres, with easy access to the rolling hills of the surrounding countryside
- It’s scenic — over 56km of canals, more than Venice.
- It’s famous — home to brands like Cadburys, HP Sauce and Typhoo Tea.
- It’s foody — six Michelin starred restaurants, the Balti Triangle, and a whole host of delicious and independent places to eat.
- It’s sporty — Premier League football at Aston Villa, international cricket at Edgbaston Stadium, and Athletics at Perry Barr, with the incredible 2022 Commonwealth Games having only just finished.
But beyond the stats, Birmingham is an incredible place to live, work, and build community. If you’re just starting your journey to make our city your home, you are incredibly welcome! For whatever reason you are making Birmingham home, we think you couldn’t have picked a better place. At Oasis, we love our city, and we’re sure you’ll grow to love it too!
We meet every Sunday at our building on South Street, Harborne, from 10:15am for hot drinks before the meeting proper gets underway at 10:30am. You can expect a very warm welcome, engaging worship, impactful teaching from the Bible, time for prayer and stories, and lots of friendly people to chat to over more drinks after the service. You can also get a taste beforehand by watching back previous meetings via our YouTube Channel.
We also have Evening Meetings at 6pm, Small Groups, Early Morning Prayer, Kids, Youth, discipleship courses, retreat days, and loads more coming up this term, plus celebrating our 23rd birthday as a church on Sunday 2nd October! For all the details of what’s coming up soon, check out the Events section of our website. If you did have any questions, drop us an email on firstname.lastname@example.org or join our weekly mailing list, the Oasis Weekly Blast, via the Contact section of our website. We hope to meet you soon!