Become an Oasis Ambassador and Build a Responsible Data Economy
Community Translations: French
The Internet is an amazing platform for innovation, creativity, and free expression. And yet despite its empowering design elements, the Internet has left individual’s with little control or ownership over personal data.
We believe the internet, when used correctly, can enable an entirely new responsible data economy — an economy that transforms “users” into edge clients, and enables them to take back control of their data, and their digital experiences. One that fully respects individual privacy and autonomy, while still supporting amazing apps and services, and gives value to the very data each user provides. And we believe the Oasis Network, with its ability to tokenize not just financial tools and currency, but data itself, is the right network to do this.
But this is not a mission we can accomplish alone — it will take a legion of evangelists, influencers, technologists and dreamers — to build a better internet. We need YOU.
There are two things you can do:
Why should you become an ambassador?
- Evangelize a responsible data economy: The Oasis Protocol Foundation is focused on building a better internet — one where users are in control and innovation is not bound by locked data silos. Work with us to evangelize and support this privacy-first vision.
- Earn Rewards: Receive grants for doing your part and for completing specific tasks.
- Be Part of the Extended Team: Be part of a larger community of privacy enthusiasts and will be a key contributor to the Oasis Foundation.
- Connect with other Oasis community members: Discuss network updates with others contributing code on the network and give first-hand feedback to developers working on the network based on what you’re hearing in the field.
- Gain real-world experience and build a name for yourself: Build real-world experience in the blockchain field and gain new marketable skills to help you in your career. As an ambassador, we’ll post your picture and bio on our website too!
Who are you?
- You’re a privacy evangelist, a leader, an influencer, or an expert.
- You’re passionate about data privacy and care about the responsible use of data. You support transparency, consent, and understand the impact that responsible (and irresponsible) use of data can have in our lives.
- Besides the items above, the requirements are flexible. You can be technical, or not. You can be outgoing and excited for in-person events, or not. It all depends. But one thing is for sure: You’re passionate about data privacy and excited to help grow the Oasis Network Ecosystem.
What do ambassadors do?
There’s no one-size-fits-all to how to be an Ambassador, but some examples of activities you can lead include:
- Evangelize the Oasis Network through meetups and AMAs. These meetups can be structured to be both technical and non-technical, so all can participate.
- Create content. As the Oasis community grows, we’ll have a need for blog posts, documents, and other content translated into the target language. We’re especially interested in Mandarin, Korean, German, Spanish, French, Russian, and other languages too.
- Amplify Oasis Protocol Foundation Events and Announcements. Help get the word out about events (like the Responsible Data Summit in August), competitions, and virtual meetups to broader audiences.
- Be a wallet tester on the Amber Network. Test out a few new wallet applications we have for the Oasis Amber Network and tell us what you think.
- Go global. Help us manage our online communities in various languages and various channels (Kakao, Telegram, WeChat, etc.).
Earn Rewards for Your Work
Participate in the Network and earn rewards for your efforts. There are two ways to do this:
- Ongoing and sustained efforts: Conduct regular AMAs and Meetups, bring new people to the Oasis community (e.g. Telegram, Slack, events, etc) and you’ll have an opportunity to earn rewards. We will review activity on a quarterly basis to determine eligibility.
- Complete one-off needed tasks: Complete discrete tasks like translating blog posts, creating cool swag and virtual stickers, helping build out our website, and more and there are plenty of one-of rewards to win!
In addition, each quarter we’ll announce the top 3 Ambassadors worldwide, all of which will earn additional rewards!
You can see rewards examples here.
We believe there is a better, more responsible economy that the internet can power, but we can’t do it alone. Help us build it today!
Disclaimer: The Oasis Ambassador program and all associated activities and rewards are not available to all participants and eligibility requirements apply. For details, see the Program Terms available here. This article does not guarantee anyone the right to participate in the Amber Network or to receive rewards.