Become an Oasis Network Ambassador
Join the community of security experts, privacy pioneers, and decentralized believers working to build a better internet.
We believe in a better internet. An internet that puts users back in control of their data, respects individual privacy, while still providing the apps and service we’ve all learned to love. But getting there requires a thriving and active community with a shared vision and a passion to propel and evangelize that collective vision.
As the Oasis Network gets closer to Mainnet, there’s so much work for the community to do. That’s why today we’re happy to announce two key community initiatives:
- We’re opening our telegram channel to allow for person-to-person chat. Go here and join the conversation!
- We’re launching our Ambassador Program.
The Ambassador Program
Grow the Oasis Network community in your city and help us educate the world on the need for Privacy. Run meetups, write and translate content, answer developer questions, manage our online communities, stress test the Oasis Network and more.
All privacy pioneers, security dreamers, and decentralized believers welcome. No technical background required (but is highly desired).
Why should you become an ambassador?
- Evangelize a new, more private, internet: The Oasis Protocol Foundation is focused on building a better internet — one where users are in control and innovation is not bound by locked data silos. Work with us to evangelize and support this privacy-first vision.
- Earn Rewards: Receive a monthly grant for each month you’re part of the program and for completing specific tasks.
- Be Part of the Extended Team: Be part of a larger community of privacy enthusiasts and will be a key contributor to the Oasis Foundation.
- Additional Prizes: Compete in monthly competitions with prizes such as swag, gift cards, and more.
- Connect with other Oasis community members: Discuss network updates with others contributing code on the network and give first-hand feedback to developers working on the network based on what you’re hearing in the field.
- Gain real-world experience and build a name for yourself: Build real-world experience in the blockchain field and gain new marketable skills to help you in your career. As an ambassador, we’ll post your picture and bio on our website too!
Who are you?
First and foremost, you’re passionate about data privacy and care about the responsible use of data. You support transparency, consent, and understand the impact that responsible (and irresponsible) use of data can have in our lives.
Besides the items above, the requirements are flexible. You can be technical, or not. You can be outgoing and excited for in-person events, or not. It all depends. But one thing is for sure: You’re passionate about data privacy and excited to help grow the Oasis Network Ecosystem.
What do ambassadors do?
Here are a few tasks that Ambassador’s will do:
- Run meetups in your city. These meetups will be structured to be both technical and non-technical, so all can participate.
- Create content. As the Oasis community grows, we’ll have a need for blog posts, documents, and other content translated into the target language. We’re especially interested in Mandarin, Korean, German, Spanish, French, Russian, and other languages too.
- Test new apps on the network. As more dapps are built on Oasis, developers will need help testing, promoting, and reviewing their dapps on review sites.
- Go global. Help us manage our online communities in various languages and various channels (Kakao, Telegram, WeChat, etc.).
- And more…
How will we support you?
We understand that this role is part-time and that you have other responsibilities. We want to make this role fulfilling, easy, and worthwhile for you. Specifically, we’re committed to doing these three things to support you:
- Meetup in a Box. Provide you training materials we like to call “Meetup in a Box”. Content will range from “How to find a meetup location for free” to “How to advertise for your meetup” to “How to hold a technical workshop”, etc.
- Monthly trainings. Hold monthly training meetings to give you updates and to discuss any issues or concerns
- Direct access. A dedicated private Slack channel for Ambassadors only
If you’re interested, apply below.
We’ll review applications and get back to you within 2–3 weeks.
Onward and upward.