The Oasis Public Testnet is live
Join today and sign up for our upcoming staking competition
This week the Oasis Network hit a major milestone — releasing the very first Public Testnet. That means anyone can now set up a node on the network and begin to test out how it works. Get started today by following the documentation here.
Over the course of the next few months we’ll add additional features to the public testnet, all as a way to test them before a Mainnet is launched. This will help the network get stress tested, ensure stability, and also test out some of the staking and delegation incentives considered for the network (more on that to come soon).
Join the Quest to build a better internet
As a way to focus public testnet engagement, stress test the network before Mainnet, and help to foster a community of privacy-evangelists, we’re kicking off an incentivized testnet, or staking competition, in December — The Quest. As we get closer to the competition, we’ll also share a bit more on some of the specific technical goals and incentives we’re aiming to understand and stress-test throughout the competition.
As noted in our previous roadmap post, we aim to run an incentivized testnet (or staking competition) before every major Mainnet release — encouraging the testing of new features and offering new rewards and challenges each time.
Challenges and Grants
As a whole, the Foundation aims to allot ~1% of total tokens to the various phases of The Quest, across challenge winners, community engagement awards, grants, and more.
- Technical rewards: Rewards will be granted to the top 5 ranked entities for best attacks, most staked, and most blocks signed.
- Community: Rewards will be granted to best team player and best community content creation. Best team player could be an engaged troubleshooter on the #nodeoperator channel or someone who helps problem solve when challenges are tough. And content could be anything from engaged social media to Quest swag designs, and more. Please be creative. NOTE: When you submit content or support please use the hashtag #OasisQuest so we can see what you’re up to.
- Grants: There are a fair number of tokens put aside for grants. If you have something you’d like to build, integrate, or add to the network that’s node and testnet related, please apply! We’re excited to see the network flourish and want to support those who are as well!
- Participation: We also want to reward everyone who participates and engages in the network. To do this we’ll provide small rewards for the first 30 nodes to join the network (starting today) and participate through the end of the staking competition without double-signing; and for participation on the network for the entirety of the competition without double-signing.
- More: In order to test specific features or incentive mechanisms we may also run timed-challenges throughout the competition, asking you all to complete a specific task over the course of a set time to see what the impact is. This may lead to some additional rewards as well — we’ll keep you posted!
Resources to learn more
- Read documentation on how to get a node set up.
- Check out top open sourced repos including Oasis Core and Oasis Runtime.
- Join our AMA with Figment at 10am today.
- Join us for Office Hours every Thursday (9am biweekly, 5pm biweekly).
Stay connected and join the community
- Join our community slack and join the #nodeoperators channel.
- Sign up for our public testnet weekly email for updates on the network, competition and more.
Winners who are U.S. citizens or residents and who are not accredited investors, may not be eligible to receive tokens as awards.
The Competition is not and will not be offered or sold, directly or indirectly, to any person who is a resident, organized, or located in any country or territory subject to OFAC comprehensive sanctions programs from time to time, including Cuba, Crimea region of Ukraine, Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, Iran, Syria, any person found on the OFAC Specially Designated Nationals, Blocked Persons List, any other consolidated prohibited persons list as determined by any applicable governmental authority, or any persons who are organized, located, or residents of New York State.