We’re Hiring: Head of Investor Relations
Obvious Ventures is on a mission to partner with entrepreneurs building disruptive solutions to systemic challenges. We have teamed up with Twitter co-founder Ev Williams and other forward-thinking partners and LPs to build an early-stage venture capital firm focused on addressing the fundamental building blocks of society and life across our three investment pillars: Sustainable Systems (climate and industrials), Healthy Living (healthcare and bio, food and wellness), and People Power (fintech and work).
The Head of Investor Relations will work closely with the Managing Directors and CFO to lead all aspects of the investor relations function. S/he will be responsible for representing the firm and championing its core values and mission to new and existing LP’s. This person is a driven, team-oriented, and proactive individual who can run all fundraising and investor relations processes beginning to end. S/he should bring significant value to Obvious through the creation and implementation of best-in-class practices around strategic processes, workflows, and organization. He/she should also be excited by Obvious’ world positive mission and carry Obvious’ culture internally and externally.
A few more details below.
Role and Responsibilities
The Head of Investor Relations will be responsible for creating opportunities and managing them through fruition. While this person will have the support of Managing Directors and the investment team, she/he will be responsible for generating new leads and owning the process from beginning to end. This person will feel comfortable communicating Obvious’s values to existing and potential LP’s in a way that highlights their importance to the success of the team and the firm as a whole. This person will implement strategic processes and systematic organization to ensure that the Investor Relations function is working efficiently and effectively for existing funds and future fundraises. He/she should partner cross-functionality with the investment team, finance, legal and marketing to drive firm growth.
- Success at reputable venture capital or private equity firm leading, institutionalizing, and growing a best-in-class investor relations function as well as expertise in project managing the existing LP base
- Demonstrated ability identifying and mapping LP base, engaging and networking with investor community, project managing existing LPs, and closing new opportunities with support of broader leadership team
- Track record sourcing, making cold calls, and being the first point of contact for all investor-related matters; is able to effectively represent the firm and its value proposition to external stakeholders
- Proven ability to create new processes and systems to enhance efficiency across the IR function and the broader firm; can improve and add value to existing fundraising processes to drive successful closes
- Networked in venture capital industry; has relationships with VC contacts and knows major players in LP ecosystem; can lead meetings autonomously and credibly
- Strong work ethic, exceptional personal and professional integrity, impeccable character
- Action oriented — very much a “do-er,” not a “talker”
- Committed to the world positive core values and credo of Obvious Ventures in a meaningful way
- Ability to influence and be a positive change agent
- Curious, scrappy, hungry, and competitive — wants to make a mark and win (and do it as a team)
- Takes ownership and accountability for actions and decisions
- Open-minded and willing to learn from others
- Critical thinker, highly competent, detail-oriented, resourceful, and communicative
- Committed to professionalism and confidentiality; discreet
If you’re excited about purpose-driven founders reimagining trillion-dollar sectors, we’d love to hear from you. For more information about this opportunity, or to refer candidates, please contact Emily Wallach at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Obvious Ventures is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals, where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants regardless of personal characteristics such as race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, and military and veteran status. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.