[Official] Rate3 Whitelist/KYC Guide
Thank you for your interest in Rate3 Network KYC. This post will explain the KYC procedures required for both public pre-sale and public sale.
Please read this blog post first for Frequently Asked Questions. You’ll find answers to questions on token allocation, use of funds and other details.
What are Know Your Customer (KYC) procedures?
It refers to the submission of documents by an individual, required to establish identity under existing Anti-Money Laudering and Combating the Financing of Terrorism (AML/CFT) legislations.
Why Rate3 requires KYC:
- Cryptocurrency exchanges are beginning to exclude cryptocurrencies that did not properly implement Know Your Customer (KYC) processes. Thus, not running such checks poses a long-term risk to the project.
- KYC procedures help us to follow Anti-Money Laundering regulations, as a stamp of legitimacy with regulators and banks.
- KYC compliance may help ICOs reach a larger global audience and expand the number of jurisdictions in the crowd sales can take place.
Complete the KYC here after the start date:
- Website URL: (Please visit http://rate3.network for the specific URL, when KYC officially starts!)
ONLY Acceptable forms of Identification:
- Government-Issued Passport Photo ID (encouraged)
- Government-Issued National Photo ID (encouraged)
- Driver’s License
- Residence Permit
Note that expired passports/national IDs are NOT valid forms of personal information. Your KYC will NOT be processed if they have expired.
Only if you are KYC-verified successfully, would you be eligible for Rate3 Network Public Sale.
We will inform you of the results through both email and the KYC portal itself.
KYC Submission Disqualification Factors:
You will be disqualified if:
- you are located in the People’s Republic of China or if you are a citizen or resident (tax or otherwise) of, or domiciled in, the People’s Republic of China;
- (you are located in the United States of America or if you are a citizen, resident (tax or otherwise) or green card holder of, or domiciled in, the United States of America;
- you are located in the Republic of Korea or if you are a citizen, resident (tax or otherwise)of, or domiciled in, the Republic of Korea;
- such Registration and/or Token Sale is prohibited, restricted or unauthorized in any form or manner whether in full or in part under the laws, regulatory requirements or rules in any jurisdiction applicable to you, at the time of your Registration.
- you have submitted incompleted documents, poorly-taken selfie photographs and we are unable to verify your profile;
Read the guidelines here for more details.
Please send any queries to email@example.com.
KYC Step-by-Step Guide:
1. Visit http://rate3.network after KYC starts:
Create a new account if you haven’t done so!
2. Verify the account in your registered email
4. Fill in your Personal Details, ETH Address and Intended ETH Investment Amount (please double-check!)
IMPORTANT: Your ‘Ethereum Wallet Address’ must be from wallets such as MyEtherWallet, MetaMask, imToken and hardware wallets such as Ledger.
Please do NOT use an Ethereum Wallet from an exchange. Make sure the address is correct as this cannot be changed later. This must be controlled by you — you must have the private keys.
We will only accept ETH from you from this ETH wallet address and send the tokens back to this same address.
5. Attach an official Photo ID and Selfie photo
6. Once submitted, you will see this screen
This shows that we have already received your application and are in the midst of reviewing it:
8. Wait for KYC Results
Look out for an email from firstname.lastname@example.org or log-in to your account to check the status for KYC verification.
If KYC verification is a success, you’ll see this ‘Status: Success’ page
If KYC verification is a failure, you’ll see this ‘Status: Rejected’ page:
Please send any KYC-related questions to: email@example.com