MobileViews Podcast 212: 10.5-inch iPad Pro, Duet Display, why no keyboard cover this time, and more
- As we noted during the Note 7 debacle, that troubled product barely caused a blip for the diversified giant Samsung Electronics firm. “Samsung second-quarter operating profit likely rose 72 percent from a year earlier to a new record, beating analyst estimates, as strong memory chip prices helped widen margins.” Ref: Reuters
- iMore 10.5-inch iPad Pro review
- May not buy any kind of smart connector keyboard cover for the 10.5-inch iPad Pro. Apple’s smart keyboard for the 9.7-inch model is fraying after a little more than a year of use. My original use-case for the combo is not as important now that I have a Samsung Chromebook Plus. The Logitech Slim Combo with detachable keyboard for 10.5-inch iPad Pro is interesting but has a 3 to 4 week shipping time from Apple’s online store and is not available at my local Apple Store. In addition, the $130 keyboard cover has 2.5 (out of 5) star review. Multiple reviewers commented on its bulkiness.
- Duet Display on sale for $9.99.
- Procreate on the new iPad Pro
- Jon’s iPad Revolution: Down to 1!
- Jon’s hidden gem: Run your own MacOS Server at home, use Profile Manager… $20 to buy Server (Free if you’re a developer), $10/yr or so for a SSL certificate (May be able to use letsencrypt.org for free).