CONNECT YOUR LEDGER DEVICE TO THE OKC (OKX Chain) VIA METAMASK
Ledger device is a hardware wallet. A hardware wallet is a cryptocurrency wallet where the user’s private keys are stored in a hardware device such as Nano S / Nano S Plus / Nano X. A hardware wallet's main principle is adding a layer of security while interacting with the blockchain. Therefore your private keys are much safer and your transactions on the blockchain network are always secured.
Install the OKC app on your Ledger Live (desktop) to manage OKT Tokens and KIP-20 Standard Tokens with MetaMask. Ledger devices will add a layer of security to your wallet and you will still keep full custody of your assets without any counterparty risk.
- Set up your Ledger device by following this video.
- Make sure you run the latest version of Ledger Live via this link.
- Install the latest version of the Ethereum (ETH) app on your Ledger device.
Installing OKC Nano App:
Step 1: Connect your Ledger device to your computer and open your Ledger Live (desktop) Application and press on
Step 2: Find and install the OKXChain Nano App as follows.
Step 3: Close your Ledger Live (desktop) app.
Step 4: Check that your OKXChain App is installed on your Ledger device
Adding the OKC Network on MetaMask
- Download and install the Metamask browser extension here.
- Connect your Ledger Device to MetaMask by following this video.
- Add a new network to your MetaMask by filling up the RPC Data:
Network Name: OKC Mainnet
New RPC URL: https://exchainrpc.okex.org
Chain ID: 66
Currency Symbol: OKT
Block Explorer URL: https://www.oklink.com/oec/
Receive OKT via MetaMask
You can receive OKT in your MetaMask wallet by sharing the address to the clipboard as shown below to your sender
View Balance on MetaMask
To see your balance on MetaMask, it will be exactly on the same screen as shown below:
Send OKT via MetaMask
In this example, we will send 0.04 OKT to an address.
- Ensure that your Ledger Device is connected to your desktop and unlocked on the OKXChain App.
- Select the asset OKT in your MetaMask and send the amount to the recipient address as shown below:
3. Check and validate the transaction by following the instruction on your Ledger device:
(Optional) You can also reject the transaction if some information needs to be amended
4. Once your transaction is “Accept and Send” you will see the activity confirmation in MetaMask as shown below:
For further support
If you need further assistance on how to use your Ledger with OKC Network, you can contact us at the following place: