11 Questions for a Crypto Community Manager — Miguel Martinez, SingularDTV
Community is one of the keys to success for any crypto project and the community manager has the critical role of building and maintaining the community. To find out more about what makes people in this role tick, we have developed a list of 11 questions that we are asking crypto community managers across the globe.
Following are answers from Miguel Martinez. Miguel is the community manager for SingularDTV. Before SingularDTV, he worked for AT&T. Miguel has an entertainment business degree from Full Sail University. He lives in Puerto Rico with his wife and daughter.
1) List five adjectives that describe you
2) Which living person do you most admire?
3) What do you most value in your friends?
Radical Candor & Optimism
4) Where would you most like to live?
Either Tokyo, Japan or Bahamas
5) What is your current state of mind?
Live and Let Live
6) What is your motto?
Build bridges that connect your present to an unknown future.
7) Why are you passionate about your project?
There are many practices in the entertainment industry, whether film, music, publishing, etc., that prey on content creators and their intellectual property’s value, monetize it, cash it, and what is left is given back. So many stories throughout history and so many lessons learned personally that when I met with SingularDTV CEO & Co-Founder Zach LeBeau and he starts explaining to me about the ecosystem, decentralizing the entertainment industry, tokenization, I saw that this was not a project for the growth of the company. This was the next step in creating a better world for the future generations with a dream to sign their own songs and share their creation with the world. Value rather than cost.
8) Tell us the best story about your community
I have grown to enjoy and care for members of the community. We have shared personal stories. We fight, disagree and argue sometimes because of ideas, points of views, preferences in browsers and technology. One night as I am telling my wife about all this, she say: “You have a new family, a tribe.” She is absolutely right. I belong to a tribe.
9) What are three things you find the most challenging about your job?
- Time management and knowing when to stop for the day.
- Working remotely, although it is great and I love it, you miss out on dynamics that happen when you are physically there with a group of people.
- Taking the time to be as up to date as possible blockchain technology and new developments.
10) What are three things about your job makes you feel the most fulfilled?
- 24hr non-stop conversation with people passionate about the project.
- New project ideas to grow the company are always happening. This is as organic as it gets.
- Working alongside amazing people who have seen the worst in the entertainment industry and together we are working to turn the page to a new era.
11) What is your biggest accomplishment as a community manager?
There are many many things I have accomplish from Digital Marketing, Strategy, Project Management, Producer stand point. But the biggest one has been able to do our podcasts episodes for the community that is here now and the ones that will join us in the future so they can learn about what we are trying to do and why it is so important.
Crypto is powerful — but it won’t be revolutionary until we all work together. Trusted co-creation for crypto communities, at last. Omnisparx. Join our telegram channel to follow discussions on community management in crypto.