Franklin Fitch is a Community Manager and Marketing Lead for Beaxy Exchange — an advanced crypto trading platform. He worked as a market research consultant prior to joining Beaxy. Besides being involved in the cryptocurrency space, he enjoys reading, writing, art, sports, and tasting new food & drinks.
1) List five adjectives that describe you
2) Which living person do you most admire?
Hmm, tough question. I’d have to go with Neil Degrasse Tyson or Sam Harris. Both for the same reason, they spread the word globally about science, logic, and natural philosophy.
3) What do you most value in your friends?
Passion for sure. I’m attracted to people who have a passion for life and are driven. Most of my friends are obsessed with something, be it their work or a hobby. Obsessive personalities are good I think, shows you have something to live for.
4) Where would you most like to live?
Where I currently live, Chicago. Amazing city with everything I want in it. I also quite enjoy Barcelona and San Diego and would have residences there also in an ideal scenario.
5) What is your current state of mind?
Positive, happy, inspired. We’re about to launch our exchange and it’s been an incredible journey to get here.
6) What is your motto?
“Brevity is the soul of wit”. It’s a quote from Shakespeare. It’s been my guiding light as a copywriter. As a community manager, we’re constantly communicating with our audience, and we need to be excellent communicators to be effective. The general idea of this quote is “do more with less.” Use resources and space efficiently. This should always be your goal.
7) Why are you passionate about your project?
Primarily because the exchange space is full of problems currently and we are solving many of those problems. Problems that prevent people from having fair access to financial opportunities present in crypto. These include a lack of unified features in one exchange, lack of effective trading tools, poor customer support, lack of FIAT on-boarding, and much more.
8) Tell us the best story about your community
Memes are a strength of our community. Our head of customer support, Jared, put an image of his face drinking a cup of coffee in the general chat of our discord community. Led by our director of memes, that turned into a series of memes and emojis that have persisted to this day. It’s one of the funniest things i’ve ever seen unfold.
9) What are two things you find the most challenging about your job?
➡️ Uncertainty — the exchange space is complicated and answers aren’t always clear.
➡️ Managing negativity — it’s not always going to be sunshine and roses. Business and community management are about overcoming failure more than celebrating wins.
10) What are three things about your job makes you feel the most fulfilled?
- My team. They’re genuinely some of my best friends in life and they inspire me and push me forward every day
- The work itself is incredibly fulfilling as it’s difficult and trailblazing stuff. Cutting a new path is always more fulfilling than walking an established one
- Connecting to so many other projects and members of the ecosystem is the final thing. As an exchange you are a connecting point for much of the crypto community which is really exciting
11) What is your biggest accomplishment as a community manager?
It’s not so much my accomplishments, but those of my peers. Our head of partnerships, Bay, built our discord, which is probably our greatest community related accomplishment to date. He had help from a number of our dedicated customer support agents. Many who have joined our discord have indicated it’s the most well organized project community they have ever seen, and I would have to agree.
Connect with Franklin
Connect with OmniSparx
Crypto is powerful — but it won’t be revolutionary until we all work together. Trusted co-creation for crypto communities, at last. Omnisparx. Join our telegram channel to follow discussions on community management in blockchain and crypto and follow us on Twitter.