This year was a long and exciting journey for omoku. It began with the spark of an idea which led to building, one by one, all the components needed for a new type of IOTA/Euro gateway. The Omoku Exchange Service.
The team transformed ideas into reality using flexible outlines and goals. Gradually taking shape, omoku’s evolution from assembled components continues. Our vision to connect the economy of the Internet of Things with Banking Infrastructure is mutually anchored and provides the required endurance.
It takes perseverance to go from nothing to something. This is especially true in a dynamic space where regulations, and likewise markets, can change with a heartbeat.
In the course of the year we have developed a functional and regulatory compliant Exchange Service which brings iota more accessible to the banking experience. With necessary patience, each day moves us closer to being compliantly capable of making the service available publicly.
The following are highlights of our year at omoku:
- Relocation to Switzerland to enable a reliable platform in a legally secure and fully regulated environment for long term stability. User enquiries are regularly answered by e-mail and telegram within 24 hours. In addition, a telephone hotline has been setup, which will be of particular relevance for solving urgent issues that may arrise once the service is compliantly available for all.
- The onboarding of verified users from Europe works and satisfies Swiss and European requirements for all regulations related to the prevention of money laundering and terrorist financing.
- Verification requests are processed quickly and reliably, usually within 24 hours.
- Thanks to our awesome community of members, we will soon be able to offer omoku in other languages natively, beyond English and German. Special thanks to our Discord user Beniz for making it possible to have the web platform in Polish already available!
- SEPA Bank Transfers and Klarna/SOFORT-Überweisung implemented and internally tested and functional.
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year
As with most things in life, what is initially on paper has a good tendency of being rather different when materialized. Sometimes things can seem ambitious or daunting, but with the right perspective, perseverance, and will, there is a way.
As we deal with finalizing Swiss regulatory procedures to ensure healthy compliance and sustainable operation for our IOTA Exchange Service, we want to extend our greetings.
Thank you all for the great support throughout the entire year. This is what motivates us to continue on the journey to bridge the gap between iota and banking. We wish everyone a wonderful holiday season, with positive thoughts and wishes as we will enter a new year, and we believe, a new era where the IOTA ecosystem will blossom.
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Originally published at omoku.io.