OneLedger v0.8.1 Release
We have an updated v0.8.1 version of our OneLedger protocol. In this release, we’ve cleaned up a lot of little issues to help make Chronos operate more effectively. On the administrative side, we’ve enhanced the handling of onboarding validators and set a minimum fee for all transactions. From the client side, we’ve strengthened the error handling to give a better message for CLI and internal issues. We fixed a number of small bugs that obscured the underlying error messages.
The list of changes includes:
- Enhanced the onboarding of new validators
- Added a flag to remove validators
- Change the validation to allow new validators to time their own onboarding
- Present better messages for missing nodes
- Check all transactions for CheckTx and DeliverTx errors
- Pass more information issues for some syntax issues
- Strongly typed both fee and gas
- Set minimums for different transaction fees
- Enhanced the payment logic to ensure that it is always running
- Extended the SDK to support the upcoming explorer release
For our next sprint, we’ll continue with enhancing the small problems we have been having with error handling, security and operational issues. We’ll also revamp the deployment and packaging to make it easier to install and upgrade, as well as switch between the different dev, devnet and Chronos environments. Our SDK service will get integrated into the fullnodes, to support direct browser requests. Once the underlying code base is operationally stable, we’ll return to extending it with a new set of features.