Guide to Sales Success
Sales can be the hell of the job. Every deal you want to close needs surgical techniques, skills, and strategies: Sales success is an art and a science! Salesperson constantly needs to lear and upgrade skills, and very often it takes years to learn all the tips and tricks behind the sales success. Even then, no one guarantees you the success.
That’s why OnePgr Blog is bringing you some of the best sales advice in one blog post, whether you are a profesional and successful salesperson or you are just starting out, we are here to help you master the most common sales situations.
ULTIMATE GUIDE TO SALES SUCCESS
Understand what it takes to sell your product or service. It is the key to success of your business. Do you know what it takes to be a successful and effective seller? Learn which skills and attitude you need to close the deals.
- Love of conversation: You love to contact people and speak with them, but you also actively listen and reach the deeper engagement with your customers
- Self-motivation: Tracking your own progress and constant grow and you know what you need for it. A self-motivated salesperson does not need a lot of managing.
- Rockstar Presentations: The most successful sellers usually invest two to three hours per week in studying their product.
- Solve Problems: Experienced salesperson knows that problems are meant to be overcome and they will use creative ways to unblock the way to success. The best salespersons maintain the balance throughout the highs and lows that accompany the sales process.
- Respect for prices and products: Be confident about the product you offer and the price your company charges for that product. Let your customers know it’s worth every penny.
- Skill development: Connect with other salespeople’s experiences for constant skills sharpening
The Sales Call
Do you want to make a perfect call every time? The following steps will be your guide.
- Time: Learn which time of the day is the best to make an effective call.
- Reason: Give the real reason for your call. Give your customers the facts and clearly, state why you are calling them.
- Get the“Yes”: Make statements like “I am sure that like our customer, A company, you are interested in improving in this area”
- Schedule Appointments: Ask specifically to schedule an appointment with your potential customer.
- Introduce yourself and your company: While you need to keep the conversation friendly, give your full name and job title, and a name of the company you work for.
- Contact Info: Double-check the correct number, address or email.
- Measure success: Track the number of dials, monitor the number of conversations, meetings, and deals it takes you to make your sale target.
The discovery call
What are great discovery calls and what these calls have in common?
- Explore: Spend ten minutes exploring the website of a company, community forums, and social media accounts
- Focus on the needs of client: Establish yourself as a valued resource to help them when they are ready to buy.
- Elaborate: Enable the dialogue and avoid dominating with a presentation. Learn the true meaning of their needs.
- Provide Solutions: Clarify issues and explain how your product or service will address their concerns.
- Measure a success: Generate customized pipeline reports based on discovery call criteria
- Engaging subject line: The subject line should be personalized to avoid looking automated. Authenticity is perfection.
- Design: Your email should look polished but avoid overdoing it, it can look really fake
- Case studies: Insert appropriate customer case study that is aligned with your prospect’s industry or identified interests.
- Attachments: Select most relevant attachments to the follow-up email and include a brief description of attachments at the bottom of the email.
- Close to next steps: Conclude the email by pointing what next engagement steps should be.
- Measure success