The Ontology MainNet token swap closed on October 1st, 2018 (UTC-12).
The total finished token swap as of today is 99.32% of 1,000,000,000 ONT.
Are you among the few people that did not complete your token swap?
If your answer is yes, then the following fallback plan will apply.
For those who have already completed your token swap, the following steps do not apply to you.
1. Since MainNet ONT is indivisible (smallest unit 1 ONT), only whole numbers of NEP-5 ONT can be mapped. If you have smaller units of NEP-5 ONT we recommend you make your ONT a whole number before mapping.
2. Since ONTO and NEO use the same public and private key system, your NEO wallet address, private key, and WIF are your ONTO wallet, private key, and WIF. Please keep your NEO and ONTO wallet private key and WIF secure; do not pass on your private key information over the internet.
How to do swap via ONTO/OWallet?
1. Import the NEO address where your NEP-5 ONT is into ONTO or OWallet.
2. You should now see your NEP-5 ONT balance. Now complete the token swap.
- In ONTO click on your NEP-5 ONT balance, then select your token swap amount, enter your wallet password, then press confirm.
- In OWallet click swap next to your NEP-5 ONT balance, then select your token swap amount, enter your wallet password, then press confirm.
3. However, the swap time will be extended from the original 24 hours to 1 month. Therefore, please allow up to around 1 month for your token swap to complete. You can check the status at: https://swap.ont.io/.
Ledger token swap
- Create an individual wallet on OWallet.
- Send your NEP-5 ONT to your OWallet address.
- After the transaction has been received click swap next to your NEP-5 ONT balance, then select your token swap amount, enter your wallet password, then press confirm.
- Please allow up to one month for your token swap to complete, you can check the status at https://swap.ont.io/.
- After you have completed the token swap make a MainNet ONT wallet on your Ledger and send your MainNet ONT to that address.
You can refer to the following table to understand the fallback plan swap time in more detail:
The Ontology Team reserves the final right of interpretation of the token swap fallback plan.
For further other questions about the token swap, please see our FAQ.
If you have additional questions about the token swap, please ask in the #token-swap channel on our Discord.