Ontology Monthly Report — April 2022
Ontology launched the Ontology Grant Hackathon with DoraHacks, running throughout April. We held multiple online workshops and a discussion panel, encouraging the use of the EVM, DID and other technologies to develop Web3 applications.
- We are 92% done with the Rollup VM design.
- We are 55% done with the RISCV instruction set contract implementation.
- We are 45% done with the Rollup RISCV EVM actuator.
- We are 30% done with the Rollup L1<->L2 cross-layer communication design.
- ONTO App v4.2.5 was released, bringing support for the IoTeX chain and the Boba Network chain, adding token and NFT address scanning features.
- ONTO integrated the DeFi platform NerveSwap, the Aggregator SwapBox, the strategy game MetaLine, and various other dApps. ONTO Web Wallet supported the NFT marketplace Ivy Market, which provides users with various DeFi and NFT choices.
- ONTO hosted various online activities such as the NFT lottery campaign with mimo protocol, 1inch Network, Boba Network, Landshare, CroxSwap, Ontology, TEN Finance, OpenOcean and UpDeFi. Participating in ONTO will earn rewards such as NFTs. Follow the @ONTO Wallet Official Announcement in Telegram for more details!
- ONTO has released a number of product usage videos, including Best Swap Price, Real-Time Swap Status, v4.2.5 Update Introduction, so that users can quickly understand the function operation and update details.
- As of April 28, 2022, there have been 135 dApps launched in total on MainNet.
- There have been a total of 6,962,314 dApp-related transactions completed on MainNet, an increase of 51,843 dApp-related transactions compared to the past month.
- There have been a total of 17,314,166 transactions completed on MainNet, an increase of 134,459 transactions compared to the past month.
Community Growth & Bounty
- This month, several Ontology Community Calls and discussions were held on Discord and Telegram as usual, focusing on topics such as “Why we need DID”, “NFTs and Artists”, sharing the advantages of DID, such as protecting artists’ copyrights, expanding the value of works, and allowing artists to directly benefit from Web3.
- As always, we’re active on Twitter and Telegram where you can keep up with our latest developments and community updates. To join Ontology’s Telegram group and keep up to date, click here.
New Team Members
We are delighted to welcome our newest members of the Ontology team. This month, we welcomed a Senior Front-end Engineer, a Product Manager, a Java Engineer, an iOS Engineer, a Project Management Associate and an Operations Analyst Associate.
At Ontology, we are always looking to expand our team. We currently have a list of open roles and are looking to hire ambitious and hardworking individuals (see below). Check out our website for full details.
- Engineer, iOS
- Engineer, Android
- Senior Software Developer, Java
- Software Developer, Go
- Blockchain Test Development Engineer
- Developer Engineer, Solidity
- Engineer, Research
- Front-end Engineer
- Product Manager
- Marketing Manager
- English Editor
Out & About — Event Spotlight
It was all hands on deck this month with a string of news and developments:
- Ontology announced a jointly held global online hackathon with DoraHacks, and is providing $100,000 in rewards for the competition and follow-up project support. In order to provide better development support and experience, Ontology recently held two workshops in English and Chinese and a discussion panel to provide developers with clearer guidance on application development directions and deployment approaches. At present, the hackathon has started voting, and users can vote for the most valuable Web3 applications and get corresponding rewards.
- Ontology and various partners joined Blocklike’s Binance Live, with the theme of “Road to Web3: Identity Uniformity & Compatibility”, sharing their views on the current situation and future of EVM and Web3.
- Unifi Protocol has officially landed on Jupiter as part of our $10m Ontology EVM fund.
- The Ontology World Book Day event was successfully concluded. Users participated in crossword puzzles on Twitter and received rewards while acquiring knowledge. The Ontology team has compiled a list of recommended books for global community members.
- BSC Weekly released a list of Top BNB Chain Projects mentioned the most on Medium this month, Ontology topped the list with 761.18k Medium volume.
- The New Stack, the well-known blockchain media, released a special report “Ontology’s Web3 Reputation and Identity Management Solutions”, introducing the Ontology reputation framework and decentralized identity solutions.
Follow us on social media!
Read this month’s report in your preferred language:
- 한국어(coming soon)
- Slovenčina(coming soon)
- Tiếng Việt
- Italiano(coming soon)
Follow us on social media!