Ontology Monthly Report — July 2022
To celebrate the 4th anniversary of our MainNet launch, we’ve been looking back at all the great things we’ve accomplished together and have held a variety of events for our community. With some events still taking place, it’s not too late to come and join us.
- We are 100% done with the Rollup VM design, the White Paper will be published soon.
- We are 96% done with the Rollup RISCV EVM actuator.
- We are 55% done with the Rollup L1<->L2 cross-layer communication.
- We are 65% done with the Rollup L1<->L2 Token Bridge.
- We are 90% done with the L1 data synchronization server.
- We are 75% done with the L2 Rollup Node.
- We are 30% done with the L2 blockchain browser.
- ONTO App v4.3.3 brought support for XDC Network, Vision and Arbitrum chains, NFT Domains, Ontology EVM NFTs, and added support for the native Ontology Bridge. Users can now use Ontology Bridge directly in ONTO to convert digital assets between Ontology and Ontology EVM.
- ONTO has published its June monthly report, summarizing a series of functional optimizations, various exciting activities and cooperations, as well as the progress of its global ecosystem growth.
- ONTO launched the “Choose Discord Roles to Win Special Rewards” campaign and the MeWithONTO Photo Contest. zParticipate to earn exclusive benefits.
- ONTO hosted various online activities such as the free giveaway campaign with MetaPlayers, CryptoSandwiches, SIL Finance and Metabit. Participating in ONTO will earn rewards. Follow the @ONTO Wallet Official Announcement in Telegram for more details!
- As of July 25, 2022, there have been 148 dApps launched in total on MainNet.
- There have been a total of 7,108,431 dApp-related transactions completed on MainNet, an increase of 40,103 dApp-related transactions compared to the past month.
- There have been a total of 17,776,872 transactions completed on MainNet, an increase of 115,754 transactions compared to the past month.
Community Growth & Bounties
- This month, several Ontology Community Calls and discussions were held on Discord and Telegram as usual, focusing on Ontology’s fourth Carnival event, “Layer2”, “ONTO Wallet’’ and “Ways to Participate in the Ontology Ecosystem’’. The community believes that decentralized identity (DID) can solve the trust problem in multiple scenarios, and the OWN based on DID is a relatively complete infrastructure, which helps Web3 deliver trust.
- To celebrate the fourth anniversary of the MainNet launch, Ontology held several online events in July. Community members not only have the opportunity to directly win ONG rewards, but also collect a variety of limited NFTs for the fourth anniversary.
- As always, we’re active on Twitter and Telegram where you can keep up with our latest developments and community updates. To join Ontology’s Telegram group and keep up to date, click here.
New Team Members
We are delighted to welcome our newest members of the Ontology team. This month, we welcomed a Product Manager and a Blockchain Researcher.
At Ontology, we are always looking to expand our team. We currently have a list of open roles and are looking to hire ambitious and hardworking individuals (see below). Check out our website for full details.
- Blockchain Test Development Engineer
- Engineer, iOS
- Engineer, Research
- Front-end Engineer
- Blockchain Quality Assurance Engineer
- Product Manager
- Marketing Manager
- Associate Marketing Manager
- Associate Analyst, Operations
- Senior Associate, Operations
Out & About — Event Spotlight
It was all hands on deck this month with a string of news and developments:
- Ontology has reached a cooperation with famous inter-blockchain and cross-layer communication platform Celer Network, and its core product cBridge now supports Ontology EVM, bringing a smoother, more efficient and more convenient cross-chain experience between Ethereum and Ontology EVM for global users.
- W3C press release: “Decentralized Identifiers (DIDs) v1.0 becomes a W3C Recommendation”. The Ontology ONT ID framework is built based on this standard, and continuous optimization and iteration are carried out to better fit the application scenarios. Previously, Ontology’s Verifiable Credentials SDKs went open source for all Go and Java developers, and upgraded ONT ID related product suites, providing developers with a smoother integration experience.
- ONT was listed on Biconomy, a well-known Canadian Digital Assets Exchange, bringing a more convenient experience for Canadian users to purchase and trade ONT.
- The Winner Announcement of the Ontology Grant Hackathon with DoraHacks has been published. Ontology Web3 Domains (.ont), Ontology Pixels — NFT collection and 3D gallery, and Ontology World won first place, congratulations to everyone!
- XDAO was deployed in Ontology EVM, sharing the value of security and privacy with Ontology. XDAO users can now create a DAO on Ontology blockchain with convenient and intelligent tools.
- Humpty Calderon, our Head of Community, was invited to participate in Nasdaq’s TradeTalks , which focuses on investment trends, market structure, and was interviewed by Nasdaq global markets reporter Jill Malandrino on “Should We Trust a Centralized Tech Superpower With Sensitive, Personal Data?”. He shared his views and detailed how Ontology’s decentralized identity (DID) solution solves the existing trust pain points.
- The third OWNInsights “People, Platforms, Web3” was released, written by Ge Li, Ontology Business Development Manager. From the perspective of Web3 participants, it analyzes how individuals can control their own datasets to expand their influence through DID, and effective ways to build Web3 based on the OWN infrastructure. This article was first published on the well-known Chinese blockchain media Cointelegraph Chinese, and was recommended by the platform.
- Ontology and the cross-chain Swap project StealthEX held an AMA event. While introducing the project and development to the community members, it also answered questions for the community members. The selected questions were rewarded with ONT.