Ontology Monthly Report — March 2022
$10 million Ontology EVM development fund announced, to support the development of Web3
Ontology officially integrated EVM and simultaneously launched a $10 million EVM Fund to support development. Alongside this was the launch of various tools, such as Ontology Bridge, Ontology Explorer, etc., to help developers and users participate in the Ontology EVM network efficiently.
- The Ontology EVM, and the change of the ONT and ONG decimals, was implemented at block height 13,920,000.
- We have completed the Bridge design, development and testing of bridging NFTs in NeoVM to NFTs in EVM on Ontology, and the MainNet has been released.
- We have completed the upgrade of the Ontology Explorer with new features, including support for the ORC-1155 protocol, updated ONT and ONG decimals, and dollar price display, etc. The Ontology Discord link has also been added.
- Ontology MainNet v2.3.7 was released, with optimized Ontology EVM support. All nodes were advised to upgrade to the latest version.
- We have completed the truebit challenge design survey.
- We have completed the development and testing of the WONG contract, and the MainNet has been released.
- We are 87% done with the Rollup VM design.
- We are 30% done with the RISCV instruction set contract implementation.
- We are 25% done with the Rollup RISCV EVM actuator.
- ONTO App v4.2.0 was released, bringing support for the upgraded EVM compatible Ontology blockchain and improving Swap and Bridge features in the Market tab.
- ONTO Web Wallet v0.9.0 was released, bringing support for the integration of Ontology EVM and Ontology Bridge.
- ONTO hosted various online activities such as the NFT lottery campaign with FIO, WOOFi, OKX NFT Marketplace, OasisDAO, Harmony and AFK DAO. Participating in ONTO will earn rewards such as NFTs. Follow the @ONTO Wallet Official Announcement in Telegram for more details!
- ONTO integrated the multi-chain liquidity enabler Symbiosis, the Blockchain game MONIWAR, the P2E Game YoleeUnivrse and the NFT platform and GameFi project Griffin Art, and various other dApps. Users can directly use ONTO to enjoy those dApps.
- As of March 21, 2022, there have been 130 dApps launched in total on MainNet.
- There have been a total of 6,910,471 dApp-related transactions completed on MainNet, an increase of 10,772 dApp-related transactions compared to the past month.
- There have been a total of 17,179,707 transactions completed on MainNet, an increase of 90,507 transactions compared to the past month.
Community Growth & Bounty
- Humpty Calderon, our Head of Community, held an online live event on TwitterSpaces themed “Communication in Web3: Interoperability and Cross-Chain Building”, and invited Ontology founder Li Jun and BingX team members Aziz and Emerson to join, discussing theEVM, an interoperable Web3 future and more.
- This month, several Ontology Community Calls and discussions were held on Discord and Telegram as usual, focusing on topics such as “$10 million EVM Fund”, “true ownership and security to gaming” and “The Future of Ontology EVM”, helping community developers to better integrate into and build the Ontology EVM ecosystem.
- Ontology has passed 200,000 followers on Twitter, we look forward to more people joining us on the road to a decentralized future.
- Ontology Community Loyal Member Wyatt Mufson published a series of tweets, sharing his unique insights on Ontology’s core technologies and products with the Web3 public.
- As always, we’re active on Twitter and Telegram where you can keep up with our latest developments and community updates. To join Ontology’s Telegram group and keep up to date, click here.
New Team Members
We are delighted to welcome our newest members of the Ontology team. This month, we welcomed three sales people, an Operations Associate, a Go Engineer, an Android Engineer and a BD.
At Ontology, we are always looking to expand our team. We currently have a list of open roles and are looking to hire ambitious and hardworking individuals (see below). Check out our website for full details.
- Global Marketing Manager
- Solution Architect Europe
- DeFi Strategist
- Solution Consultant
- Test Engineer
- Quantization Trader
- Engineer, iOS
- Global Product Partner
- BD Manager
- Senior Front-end Engineer
- Senior Software Developer, Java
- Blockchain Test Development Engineer
- Associate, PM
- Developer Engineer, Solidity
- Engineer, Research
- Product Manager(DeFi)
- Product Manager(Data)
- UI Designer
- English Editor
Out & About — Event Spotlight
It was all hands on deck this month with a string of news and developments:
- The launch of the Ontology EVM Fund makes $10 Million in ONT/ONG available to enable expeditions. Any new or established dApp interested in the EVM Fund can apply and will be subject to evaluation from the Ontology community and team. Project submissions can be made through Ontology Community Forum.
- Li Jun, Founder of Ontology, was invited to be a guest at DEFIYIELD, a popular YouTube channel, and shared the details of Ontology EVM and the $10 million EVM Fund, as well as “How to PROFIT from your IDENTITY?” which users are most concerned about.
- Ontology’s official Twitter has released “Ontology EVM FAQ”, which collects and answers users’ questions about Ontology EVM and helps global users to have a deeper understanding of Ontology EVM.
- The Web3 hackathon co-organized by Ontology and DoraHacks will kick off in April 2022, stay tuned.