Ontology Weekly Report (April 14th–20th, 2021)
This week, while Ontology’s global community continued to grow, Li Jun, Founder of Ontology, spoke with CNN Business about the Coinbase IPO, one of the biggest industry developments of the year.
- We have completed 80% of the Ontology EVM-integrated design, which will make Ontology fully compatible with the Ethereum smart contract ecology after completion.
- We have completed 70% of the research on the latest progress of Layer 2 technology, exploring the integration of Ethereum Layer 2 on the Ontology MainNet.
- ONTO v.3.8.1 was released, adding Ethereum privacy transaction and “fast” transaction functions, and optimizing the Ontology node staking dApp.
- ONTO cooperated with DeFi ecosystem partners MDEX, DeFiner and Multiplier to launch joint campaigns, all of which were successful and attracted lots of new community members.
- 113 dApps launched on MainNet.
- 6,554,162 transaction completed on MainNet.
- 12,780 dApp-related transactions.
This week, we onboarded over 1,195 new members across our global communities. As always, we are very excited to see the Ontology community continue to grow..
Dumont, Ontology’s Telegram Admin shared the ultimate staking guide with our Telegram group, helping Ontology’s global community members to further understand and participate in community staking.
- Li Jun, Founder of Ontology, was invited to a Crypto.com AMA where he shared some of Ontology’s recent updates on decentralized digital identity and other recent news. He also took time to answer questions raised by the community.
- Ning Hu, CTO of Ontology, took part in a panel titled “The State of Decentralized Identity Solutions” organized by The Block alongside spokespeople from Microsoft and Serto. Ning Hu spoke about the current status of decentralized identity framework and ecosystem development and solutions.
- Ontology published an updated version of its DID and Data ecosystem landscape, covering ecosystem partners from industries including public chains, supply chain, entertainment, and automotive. We welcome suggestions from the community on which projects we should reach out to add to our ecosystem that would benefit the Ontology ecosystem. Let us know via our Twitter or Telegram group.
Ontology In The Media
The bitcoin bull market rages on. The price of one bitcoin soared above $60,000, not far from its all-time high, ahead of the Coinbase IPO last week.
On the first day of listing, the market value of Coinbase once exceeded 100 billion, and finally closed up 31.31%. This is great news for the entire cryptocurrency industry. The listing of Coinbase not only provides an example for other cryptocurrency companies but also enables cryptocurrency to gain more attention from the financial market.
Ontology’s Founder, Li Jun was featured in CNN Business following an interview with Paul La Monica discussing what the Coinbase IPO means for the industry: “Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies are like digital gold as more and more assets are becoming digitalized and tokenized,” said Li Jun, founder of Ontology, a blockchain firm. “Cryptocurrencies are going to become even more important.” Read the full article here.
Li Jun was also recently quoted in leading crypto publication, BeInCrypto. Read the full article ‘The Biggest IPO in history’ — — Experts Weigh In on Coinbase IPO’ here.
Want more Ontology?
You can find more details on our website for all of our decentralized solutions across identity and data, or keep up with us on Twitter. Our Telegram is for discussion, whereas the Telegram Announcement is designed for news and updates if you missed Twitter!