Ontology Weekly Report (June 16–22, 2021)
It’s been another exciting week for Ontology, as we continue the development of Ontology’s integrated EVM, which is now 60% complete. In other news, Ontology’s Chief of Ecosystem Partnership, Gloria Wu, spoke with Neil Hughes on the Tech Talks Daily Podcast.
- Ontology’s integrated EVM design is fully complete, and the development is 60% complete. It is designed to be fully compatible with the Ethereum contract ecosystem.
- ETH RPC support is 95% complete.
- Ontology’s new Ethereum account system is now 70% complete.
- Activities co-organized with BabySwap, ApeSwap, CafeSwap and HyperJump, are in progress.
- ONTO launched a user experience research report on Twitter, encouraging users to give feedback on their experience. In return, users receive ONG rewards, which will be issued within two weeks.
- 116 dApps have been launched on MainNet; the total dApp transaction volume is 6,616,413, an increase of 4,329 from last week.
- 15,808,311 transactions have been completed on MainNet, an increase of 30,926 from last week.
- 263 new members joined our global community. We are very excited to see the Ontology community continue to grow and we encourage anyone who is curious about what we do to join us.
- We held our weekly DeID Summit on Clubhouse and Community Call on Discord, led by our Head of Community, Humpty Calderon. Humpty gave a brief recap of the burgeoning Ontology ecosystem, an update on development progress, and a discussion on decentralized identity topics.
- As always, we’re active on Twitter and Telegram where you can keep up with all our latest developments and community updates.
Ontology was invited to The Tech Talks Daily Podcast
- Gloria Wu, Chief of Ecosystem Partnerships, was invited to chat with Neil Huges on The Tech Talks Daily Podcast. They discussed digital identity and the importance of privacy and data, and Ontology’s mission to solve these issues and change how data is managed and transferred. Listen here.
ONT listed on WazirX
- ONT is now listed on WazirX, one of India’s biggest and fastest growing cryptocurrency exchanges with over 900,000 users. ONT holders can trade ONT for $INR or $USDT easily with WazirX.
Chainstack recommends Ontology for decentralized identity management
- Chainstack, a blockchain technology facility service provider, recommended Ontology’s decentralized identity management service thanks to its ability to help you take back control of your data, verify your digital identities, data and assets, whilst protecting your privacy.
Ontology held special events for Father’s Day on Weibo and Twitter
- To spread the love to every dad, Ontology launched a Weibo activity, “Repost one thing that impresses you about your father”, which received great traction from the community. We also ran a Twitter campaign, “Dad needs DIDs”, calling on Dads everywhere to register an ONT ID and establish a decentralized digital identity. Both campaigns received some great feedback from our community.
Ontology In The Media
An altcoin is an “alternative to bitcoin”, that is any cryptocurrency other than bitcoin itself. Each of the alternative crypto-units is trying not only to copy, but also to improve upon the characteristics of bitcoin. Already, there are more than 800 altcoins, most of which differ from the original slightly. City Telegraph shares several things about altcoins users should know and lists the best proof of stake (PoS) Coin List 2021.
Ontology is recommended as one of the top 10 best proof of stake (PoS) coins in 2021. Ontology is a blockchain network built to support other blockchains, both public and private so that businesses can take advantage of their technological advancements. Currently, Guarda wallet and Ledger Live wallet are supporting ONT/ONG with an annual reward of 7.3%.
Fox Corp. is joining the list of investors and businesses pumping $100 million into nonfungible tokens (NFTs), a type of digital file (e.g. image, audio, video) that can be bought and sold. The fund is part of a broader effort announced in May that includes a new business unit, Blockchain Creative Labs, that will sell and mint NFTs and other digital goods.
Ontology is committed to blockchain technology and the NFT industry. Ontology is proud to collaborate with ROCKI, a next-generation music streaming service and music NFT platform built on Binance Smart Chain. Ontology will provide decentralized identity (DID) solutions to ROCKI’s music creators and users to ensure they are authentic and secure.
Want more Ontology?
You can find more information about our decentralized solutions across identity and data, on our website or simply follow us on Twitter. Our Telegram is for discussion, whereas the Telegram Announcement is designed for news and updates if you missed Twitter!