Ontology Weekly Report (March 8–14, 2022)
Ontology has launched the Ontology Bridge to provide efficient and convenient digital asset exchange functions for Ontology EVM ecosystem developers.
- Ontology EVM, and the change of ONT and ONG decimals, was implemented at block height 13,920,000.
- We are 85% done with the Rollup VM design.
- We have completed the Ontology Bridge design, development and testing of bridging Tokens in NeoVM to Tokens in EVM on Ontology, and the mainnet has been released.
- We have completed the development and testing of the WONG contract, the mainnet has been released.
- We are 15% done with the RISCV instruction set contract implementation.
- ONTO App v4.2.0 was released, bringing support for the upgraded EVM compatible Ontology blockchain and improving Swap and Bridge features in the Market tab.
- ONTO Web Wallet v0.9.0 was released, bringing support for the integration of Ontology EVM and Ontology Bridge.
- ONTO hosted various online activities such as the NFT lottery campaign with OKX NFT Marketplace, ChainWars, ElementX, Harmony, AFK DAO and 4 Meta World. Participating with ONTO will earn rewards such as NFTs and Token. Follow the @ONTO Wallet Official Announcement in Telegram for more details!
- ONTO partnered with all-in-one analysis platform Footprint Analytics and integrated the P2E Game YoleeUnivrse dApp.
- 130 total dApps on MainNet as of March 14th, 2022.
- 6,905,279 total dApp-related transactions on MainNet, an increase of 4,796 from last week.
- 17,156,124 total transactions on MainNet, an increase of 26,912 from last week.
- 10,919 new members joined our global community this week. We welcome you to join us and build the Web3 ecosystem together.
- Humpty Calderon, our Head of Community, was invited to participate in an online AMA event held by Binance with the theme “Building The Infrastructure And Delivering The Tools Of Web3”. Humpty shared the progress Ontology is making with Binance users, answered various questions about Ontology EVM, and also airdropped $10,000 of ONT.
- We held our weekly Discord Community Call, with the theme “$10 million EVM Fund”. The fund is divided into three categories: first, to provide financial support for developers to deploy/build applications; second, to provide bounties for maintaining Ontology network security; third, to organize hackathons for more developers.
- We held our Telegram weekly Community Discussion, led by Benny, an Ontology Harbinger from our Asian community. He shared “How Women Empower Blockchain”: If women want to gain a safer and fairer position in the blockchain industry, they need to use DID to break the traditional identity framework and get the help of more resources.
- As always, we’re active on Twitter and Telegram, where you can keep up with our latest developments and community updates.
Li Jun, Founder of Ontology, was invited to be a guest at DEFIYIELD, a popular YouTube channel, and shared the details of Ontology EVM and the $10 million EVM Fund, as well as “How to PROFIT from your IDENTITY?” which users are most concerned about.
Ontology in the Media
Crypto Mode — “3 Reasons Why Ontology Becoming EVM-Compatible Is A Big Deal”
“There are many good reasons for blockchains to achieve compatibility with EVM. One big reason is the overall interoperability improvements such a development provides. In addition, a seamless connection between EVM-capable ecosystems unlocks a broader user base and more liquidity and allows for the development of more complex products, services, and solutions.”
Since its inception, Ontology has always been deeply engaged in decentralized digital identity technology, and hopes to provide more mature DID and data solutions in the wider Web3 field. Therefore, Ontology has recently integrated EVM to provide financial, technical and platform support for the majority of Ethereum developers, helping them to quickly build applications and achieve breakthrough innovations.