Apr 2020, “OpenSource Cafe, Shiratori” is open
OSSCafe Shiratori is located at the center of Boso peninsula, and it’s close to Yoro Valley which is famous for its beautiful seanary. From Shinjuku, it takes two hour and a half to get there:
- Shinjuku to Goi station / JR Sobu line
- Goi to Kazusa-okubo station / Kominato Railway
Yeah, it’s a far countryside, really. But still it’s one of the closest countrysides from Tokyo. This spring (2019), we bought a half century (maybe more) old “minka” near Kazusa-okubo, which station is only used by 10 people per day seriously, I heard.
Roadmap (kind of)
At the beginning, this place was just an abandoned old house, but it was filled with tons of possibilities for us: a coworking space, a cafe or a guesthouse? The plan is still open. Come and join us!
- Summer: fix roof and floor, clean up garden, sewage improvement…
- Autumn: land leveling, build garden…
- Later: build kitchen, bath, guest rooms…