Raspberry Pi Android Notification Reader Tutorial
I found this application for my Android phone available from Google Play, this Application will send all your Android notifications to your desktop using Google Chrome plugin as the host well Google Chrome Plugin How Hard Could it be? after a little reverse engineering found out it is only a single POST request that sends all the notifications which gets refreshed by the client, and gets displayed. interested here is the POST Request that does all the magic.
POST /app/get.php?version=47&slowlevel=3 HTTP/1.1
Content-Disposition: form-data; name="code"
%NOTIFICATION CODE HERE%
What i wanted is to make my PI tell the app name and the description of the notification therefore i don’t have to look at the screen when i’m doing other stuff so , That wasn’t hard at all now it is just easy as 1,2 and 3 so here are the steps as i promised,
- Install the Desktop Notifications App , set it up and write down the notification code.
- Install The dependency’s required to run the script
- sudo apt-get install espeak
- sudo apt-get install python-pip
- sudo pip install requests
- download the script as main.py and replace %NOTIFICATION CODE HERE% with your code displayed in the app.
- then execute python main.py
This script can be directly downloaded to your pi using the command .
wget http://pastebin.com/download.php?i=bUJe0hvr -O main.py
Thanks for reading this article please comment and share, catch you soon.