Node-oracledb 6.1 for Oracle DB brings in enhanced Advanced Queuing support and more
Release announcement: A new release of node-oracledb, the Node.js and TypeScript module for accessing Oracle Database, is available from npm.
Top features: Improved Advanced Queuing (AQ) support
After the successful introduction of the popular ‘Thin mode’ in node-oracledb 6.0, node-oracledb 6.1 brings in enhanced AQ support (for example, enqueuing and dequeuing AQ messages as JSON) and other new attributes. These new capabilities allow users to take advantage of Oracle Database’s advanced features in AQ. We have also introduced new attributes to take advantage of the latest features in Oracle Database 23c and fixed multiple issues.
See the CHANGELOG for all the changes.
Installing or Upgrading node-oracledb
You can install or upgrade node-oracledb by updating your package.json requirements:
- Node-oracledb installation instructions are here.
- Node-oracledb documentation is here.
- Node-oracledb change log is here.
- Issues and questions about node-oracledb can be posted on GitHub or Slack (link to join Slack).
- Follow us on Twitter or Facebook.
Finally, contributions to node-oracledb are more than welcome, see CONTRIBUTING.