Yes, you asked for it, and with some delay (better late than ..), we did it!
Maven Central becomes a distribution center for the Oracle JDBC drivers.
We started with the latest release 18.104.22.168 but will soon add previous and supported releases.
JARs, GAV, etc
The Oracle JDBC drivers come with companion jars; what are these and what are the Maven artifacts and their ids?
- ojdbc10.jar: type 4 driver compiled with JDK10, certified with JDK11
- ojdbc8.jar: type 4 driver compiled with JDK8, certified with JDK 10 and 11
- ucp.jar: the Java (Universal Connection Pool) library for use with either ojdbc8.jar or ojdbc10.jar
- orai18n.jar: Java classes for NLS or Internalization support
- ons.jar: supports automatic registration to server-side Oracle Notification Services (ONS) daemon
- simplefan.jar: supports Java APIs for subscribing to Fast Application Notification (FAN) events; required when not using the Oracle Java connection pool (ucp); requires ons.jar
- osdt_core.jar, osdt_cert.jar, oraclepki.jar: required for Java connectivity to the Oracle database using Oracle Wallets
- xdb.jar and xmlparserv2.jar: to support standard java.sql.SQLXML interface with XML data types
- ojdbc10dms.jar: for use with ojdbc10.jar, supports Oracle Dynamic Monitoring Services (DMS) instrumentation and limited support for java.util.logging
- ojdbc8dms.jar: for use with ojdbc8.jar, supports Oracle Dynamic Monitoring Services (DMS) instrumentation and limited support for java.util.logging
- ojdbc10_g.jar: ojdbc10.jar with tracing code (debug mode)
- ojdbc8_g.jar: ojdbc8.jar with tracing code (debug mode)
- ojdbc10dms_g.jar: support DMS instrumentation in debug mode, for use with ojdbc10_g.jar
- ojdbc8dms_g.jar: support DMS instrumentation in debug mode, for use with ojdbc8_g.jar.
Group, Artifacts, and Version
Artifacts and Dependencies
To avoid several trips to Maven Central, and because the JDBC jars are often used with companion jars, we’ve added some hard and optional dependencies to some artifacts.
Here are their ids and dependencies
- ojdbc10: pulls ojdbc10.jar, ucp.jar, oraclepki.jar, osdt_core.jar, osdt_cert.jar, ons.jar, simplefan.jar and optionally, orai18n.jar, xdb.jar and xmlparserv2.jar (see an example of pom file using this, near the end of this post).
- ojdbc8: pulls ojdbc8.jar, ucp.jar, oraclepki.jar, osdt_core.jar, osdt_cert.jar, ons.jar, simplefan.jar, and optionally, orai18n.jar, xdb.jar and xmlparserv2.jar
- ucp: pulls ucp.jar
- orai18n: pulls orai18n.jar
- ons: pulls ons.jar
- simplefan: pulls simplefan.jar and ons.jar
- osdt_core: pulls osdt_core.jar
- osdt_cert: pulls osdt_cert.jar
- oraclepki: pulls oraclepki.jar
- xdb: pulls xdb.jar and xmlparserv2.jar
- xmlparserv2: pulls xmlparserv2.jar
- dms: pulls dms.jar
- ojdbc10dms: pulls ojdbc10dms.jar
- ojdbc8dms: pulls ojdbc8dms.jar
- ojdbc10_g: pulls ojdbc10_g.jar, ojdbc10dms.jar, ojdbc10dms_g.jar, and
- ojdbc8_g: pulls ojdbc8_g.jar, ojdbc8dms.jar, ojdbc8dms_g.jar, and
- ojdbc10dms_g: pulls ojdbc10dms_g.jar`
- ojdbc8dms_g: pulls ojdbc8dms_g.jar
Here is a pom file for pulling ojdbc10.jar and its dependencies.
Watch this space
As we introduce new capabilities into the drivers and companion jars, we will be announcing these though @kmensah