Our ecosystem is thriving. Daily trading volume now averages over $100 million, and the success of our Fall Festival brought us thousands of new podmates. And of course, we can’t help but notice the whale in the room: the total value locked in our pools breached $1 billion for the first time!
But you won’t catch us resting on the reef. With the success of our Series A fundraise, we have the resources to bring Orca to the next level. Our mission to make Orca the go-to AMM for the Solana ecosystem continues, and we’re excited to have you on board!
Now, let’s dive into what we have in store across product, integrations, and community…
1. Product: The most powerful, user-friendly AMM on Solana
Love our clean, user-friendly swap experience? Hold your seahorses — we’re about to embark on an even more ambitious voyage!
- Whirlpools: On AMMs such as Uniswap v2, SushiSwap, or even Orca today, liquidity providers are forced to facilitate trades at all prices. While the simplicity of this model has many benefits, it lacks capital efficiency. Using Whirlpools, users will be able to concentrate their liquidity around certain price ranges. This will benefit all Orca users: liquidity providers will earn greater yields and traders will be able to transact at lower cost. Whirlpools are a win-win, and we can’t wait for our community to give them a whirl! 😉
- More token listings and Double-Dip pools: As the world of Solana grows, we grow with it. More tokens from all over Solana will shortly be arriving in the world of Orca alongside the pools you already love like Marinade, Star Atlas, Larix, and others. And liquidity providers will continue to reap the rewards of enhanced yields in new double-dip pools like Aurory (AURY) and Parrot (PRT)!
- Quality-of-life improvements to the DEX: While we pride ourselves on clean and seamless UX, there’s always room to improve. Here are a few of the upgrades on the horizon…
- (1) AutoSwap deposits: Tired of jumping back and forth between the Exchange and Pools pages to make a deposit? Have no fear: AutoSwaps are nearly here! When you enable AutoSwap in the deposit modal, you’ll be able to provide pair tokens in any ratio you’d like — even just one of the two. We’ll take care of swapping against our pools to balance them before the deposit is made. LPs rejoice — diving into our pools will be easier than ever! 🐳
- (2) Magic Bar upgrades: Our Magic Bar is getting smarter! Until now, you’ve been able to specify trades in either the base tokens or USD, such as “5 SOL to ORCA” or “$100 SOL to ORCA.” Now, after connecting your wallet, you’ll be able to use the “half,” “all,” and “max” keywords as well! For example: “half SOL to ORCA”, or “all USDC to SOL”. It’s almost… magical! 🪄
- (3) Better mobile UX: Our stats show that over 20% of swaps are made from mobile or tablet devices. Mobile users will not be left ashore as we roll out new features! We’ve recently made several tweaks to our UI — such as swapping our wallet connection modal, which was oversized on mobile, for a dropdown — to ensure our UI is equally polished on every device.
2. Integrations: partnering with the best projects on Solana
As a general-purpose AMM, Orca serves as an extremely flexible DeFi lego. Our immediate focus is empowering developers to build on top of Orca using the TypeScript SDK, embedding our pools in more swap experiences, and creating new use cases for Orca LP tokens.
- SDK Upgrades: Orca’s open-source TypeScript SDK is now at feature parity with the Orca UI, which means you can swap, get quotes, deposit and withdraw from pools and Aquafarms, and harvest rewards! And with Whirlpools on the way, we’ll be upgrading our SDK space, so developers can take full advantage of the concentrated liquidity goodness. For the latest and greatest updates, watch the repo on GitHub!
- Swap Functionality: Orca is integrated into several other swap interfaces, including Jupiter, Step, P2P, and Coin98. We’ll continue working with other protocols to integrate our swaps, so they can take advantage of our currently competitive rates… and the even better rates that will come with Whirlpools!
- Lending Protocols: Orca LP tokens and the $ORCA token itself are great options for collateral on lending platforms. They’re also easy to integrate with our SDK! We’ve already integrated with Tulip and Francium, and will continue to partner with additional protocols as they mature.
- Yield Farming Platforms: Managing positions is a time-consuming task, but there are an increasing number of tools that make the enterprising farmer’s life simpler. We’ll continue to work with partners such as Sonar.Watch and Step so our users can take advantage of the most cutting-edge farming tools and dashboards.
3. Community: Fostering a thriving pod
Orca’s strength lies in our thriving community — life beneath the sea would be no fun without our podmates. We recently completed our first governance vote, which marked our first step toward decentralization. But we have a long voyage ahead, and we’re excited to grow the pod every step of the way!
- The Orca Ambassador Pod: We’ll soon be launching our ambassador program for users who share our ambition to make Orca accessible for everyone. Members, who we call Ambassador Dolphins, will help increase Orca’s visibility within Solana and the broader world beyond. More details on this program and how to join will be released in the weeks to come!
- Discord evolution: Our Discord server will soon be evolving! Rather than simply a forum for reporting bugs or asking questions, the server will invite everyone, from new users to Orca veterans, to participate in a happy maelstrom of discussion and debate about the future of Orca.
- Centralized exchange listings: We’re working on making $ORCA available to everyone, and part of that is building liquidity across all major crypto exchanges. We can’t reveal which exchange will be the next to list $ORCA — but when we do, our community will be the first to know. 😉 CEX listings will help to broaden access and reach new users who are keen to explore the ocean that is DeFi. Speaking of which…
- Welcoming beginners to DeFi: Orca’s focus on simplicity and user-friendliness makes it the perfect starting point for newcomers venturing into the waters of DeFi for the first time. With that in mind, we’re creating a raft of content to guide new users as they take their first swim in crypto! Our upcoming Medium series, Orca for Everyone, will be a comprehensive step-by-step guide for future podmates. The first two articles will show you how to buy your first crypto, set up a Solana wallet, and make your first swap on Orca!
And last, but by no means least…
In the near future, we shall reveal the secrets of a project we call Orcanauts. We’ve been keeping this project hidden beneath the surface until now, but the time is rapidly approaching when we can share it with you, our community!
Orcanauts are an expansion to our ecosystem that will give the Orca community the ability to engage with our brand in a fun and lighthearted way. More details will be available soon! Be sure to follow us on Twitter to uncover the mysteries of one of our most lovable projects yet…
We hope you’re as excited as we are for this next evolution of Orca. If you’d like to build with us, hop into our Discord or Telegram and give us a wave. And if you’re attending Solana Breakpoint in Lisbon next month, be sure to drop by and say hello to our team! Our co-founders, Ori (@oritheorca) and Yutaro (@rawfalafel), will be speaking at the event. We’ll also be running a special Orca Treasure Hunt, where you’ll have the chance to earn some rare Orca swag… and perhaps even a rare Collectible. It’ll be a splash! ☀️️
Disclaimer: The content of this communication is not financial advice and should not be relied on by any persons as financial advice. This communication has not been provided in consideration of any recipient’s financial needs. We have not conducted any financial assessment based on the personal circumstances of any recipients. All persons are encouraged to seek their own independent financial advice prior to taking any further action.