ORDER — Resource Links for Operators in Hospitality (updated daily)
Below is a running list of resource links shared by members of ORDER. We are updating this list as we go. If you have valuable links to share, drop them in the comments.
To learn more or request an invite to ORDER visit OrderHospitality.com
- EATER has the most relevant regional coverage, follow your city
- Nations Restaurant News covers national stories
- CNBC will have the national broadcast level restaurant news
Key Government and Industry Association Guidance
The National Restaurant Association has published information on emergency paid leave mandates with employer tax credits HERE
NYC Office of Nightlife provides a platform for all information on coronavirus for workers, business owners and the community.
CA.gov Employment Development Department offers guidance on unemployment, assistance for businesses and other protocol for employers in California:
- General Employment Guidelines Surrounding Coronavirus
- Work Sharing Program — Employers can apply for the Unemployment Insurance (UI) Work Sharing Program if reduced production, services, or other conditions cause them to seek an alternative to layoffs.
- Rapid Response Development — Fact Sheet — Rapid Response is a proactive, business-focused program designed to assist companies facing potential layoffs or plant closures.
HR & Employment
First and foremost — seek individual employment advice, consult with HR professionals and counsel.
- Look to the Department of Labor website for more information HERE
- In California, before jumping to layoffs, please see the article from Littler Law about Furloughs
- Sick Employee Disability Claims are being expedited HERE
Again, seek employment counsel.
- Rethink Food created a download and print guide for open restaurants here
- Uber & GrubHub / Chownow / Seamless, have waived fees
- Postmates has a toolkit for delivery employees and announces plans to cover healthcare related to COVID 19
- Donate to Meals on Wheels for Americas seniors
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1–800–273–8255 or text HOPE to 916–668-ICAN; Free, confidential 24/7 support
Funding & Finance
- AmEx Merchant Services could be a more useful option than waiting for long term SBA lending
- See Square Merchant resources here.
- Kabbage is a cashflow lending service for small business up to $250k.
- Check the SBA.gov homepage.
Non-Profits & Impact Orgs
- Rethink Food NYC is a non-profit organization working to recover nutritious excess food to provide low or no-cost meals to New York City families in need. As a result of the coronavirus, we are increasing our operations as access to emergency food and supplies decreases.
- SupportRestaurants.org is a collective of restaurant industry professionals set an initiative in motion to get funds into the hands of restaurants now. Dining Bonds is an industry-wide initiative that works like a savings bond where guests will purchase a “bond” at a value rate to be redeemed for face value at a future date.
- Service Worker’s Coalition is accepting donations and calling for volunteers to benefit service workers.
- USBG National Charity Foundation offers a Bartender Emergency Assistance Program to share with bar teams. Donations can be made here.
- Southern Smoke is a nonprofit 501c3 charitable foundation. Their Emergency Relief Program provides emergency funding to those employed by or own restaurants or bars or are employed by a restaurant or bar supplier that are faced unforeseen expenses that cannot or will not be covered by insurance.
- Alcoholic Beverage Control
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Business Connection
- ADA regulations, revised
- Architectural and Transportation Barriers Compliance Board
- Board of Equalization
- California State Association of Counties
- California legislative information
- Department of Fair Employment and Housing
- Department of Financial Institutions
- Department of Industrial Relations
- Department of Industrial Relations (DIR) — Small Business Portal
- Department of Industrial Relations — Labor Enforcement Task Force
- Department of Health Services
- Department of Labor Emergency Preparedness + Response
- Division of Labor Standards Enforcement (DLSE)
- Employment Development Department
- FAQs and Tips on Gift Certificates and Gift Cards
- Franchise Tax Board
- Governor’s Office of Economic Development
- Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
- IWC Wage Orders
- PCI Security Standards Council
- Prop 65
- Recalls, market withdrawals + safety alerts
- Small Business Administration
- Social Security Administration
- Tax Information Center
- The United States Patent and Trademark Office (An Agency of the Department of Commerce)
- U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)
- U.S. Immigration Control and Enforcement (ICE) Mutual Agreement between Government and Employers