Outreachy 2017 — 2
Hello everyone, it’s been quite a long time since I’ve blogged. This is my second blog post related to my internship with Sugar Labs in Outreachy. The last one month with Sugar Labs had been amazing.
Here’s a quick update of my accomplishments so far.
- Understood the workflow of the Synth code through discussion with my mentors on IRC
- Analyzed the major functionality related to Synth and observed that the existing code lacked modularity thus refactoring was required.
- Proposed a new coding structure for the Synth functionality and got it reviewed by the mentors.
- Rewrote the entire code relevant to Synth functionality as per the proposed structure.
- Integrated and tested it with the “Envelope” element.
Goals for the next week -
- Test the Synth code over the “drum” and “voice” samples and also over all the existing widgets.
- Work on the “set-volume” method to make it specific to every instrument.
- Integrate the other UI elements (that have been implemented so far) with the corresponding functionality.