Who are Outriders?
At Outriders, we believe in strengthening the power of journalism to explain the complexities of the world. Our organisation supports journalism globally through a variety of projects: outride.rs (our online magazine), Outriders Studio (using our know-how to build custom projects with our partners), Outriders Network (an international knowledge sharing platform for journalists), and Wachlarz (a grass-roots community of travellers and reporters).
Whom are we looking for?
Almost all of our projects include events’ organising on a smaller (Outriders meetups) and larger (Outriders Summit, Wachlarz) scale, in Poland and abroad. We are currently seeking for an experienced and well-organised team member to support our two quickly growing projects — Outriders Network and Outriders Studio.
Your work will be exciting, international, challenging and mission-driven. You will be working with people from different countries and different backgrounds — it will definitely prove difficult at times, but we promise you won’t be bored. As an events’ organiser, you will get to travel and meet people. We would also like your help and input in design our events’ look, feel and focus.
You will be able to express your creative and strategic side, but we will also need you to be highly organiSed and adaptive project manager. It would be best if you were adaptive to the ever-changing circumstances of producing events across countries, organisations, and professions. Exceptional communications skills and good command of English are a must. Apart from the high-level strategic planning, we need you to book tickets, negotiate with venues, make sure the invoices are archived and paid on time, as well as manage event volunteers if needed. You will be responsible for everything from conception to a cleanup. Also, keep it all transparently listed in a spreadsheet!
- Proven experience in events production incl. Logistics and technicalities
- Proven project management experience incl. managing remote & diverse teams
- Budget management
- Strategic thinking (how to scale things and create efficient processes)
- You have a good command of English (you will be expected to present, write and manage things in English)
- You are well-travelled (so that you can book flights/ hotels/ check stuff on Google Maps etc.)
- You are proactive and solutions-oriented, we won’t always be ready to discuss all the options before you make a decision
- You are not afraid of budgets and spreadsheets, on the contrary — you like things being clear and organised
- You know how to facilitate the efforts of a team of peers effectively.
- If needed, you won’t take “no” for an answer
- You can be diplomatic and have overall outstanding communications and negotiations skills
What are we offering?
A full-time contract for a year with a growing, international journalism organization and the support of a creative and dynamic team. We would like you to be based in Warsaw and ready to travel if needed.
How to apply?
- An up-to-date CV (in English) along with
- A short portfolio of three projects you worked on where you needed to manage a project/organise an event/ be highly agile in your work
- A brief motivational letter where you explain why would you like to join our team, what you expect to excel in and what do you think will result challenging for you
The ddln for applying is April 30th, midnight. We expect you to start mid-May.