Bring your energy to OVO
We’re looking for the most innovative people in tech to work for an energy company like no other. The Sunday Times recently put OVO at number 20 on their list of the best companies to work for.
OVO’s been doing things differently since day one
We were the first energy supplier to let Pay As You Go customers top up on their phones. And the first to show people their electricity and gas usage in real time. We were even the first to release an Apple Watch app. We’ve been featured in Wired magazine for developing software that shatters the status quo.
We’re just getting started
We need your ideas, expertise and know-how so we can shake things up even more. The challenges never stop at OVO. Mainly because we’re always looking for the next one. Invent. Create. Innovate. Repeat. We believe in the power of technology. And we need the best people out there to spot problems — then solve them.
The goal is to develop, test, and release software that scales. Quickly and reliably. Our hand-picked team of software engineers are making a real impact. And you could be one of them.
What’s it like to work at OVO?
Here’s what you’ll need for this exciting role. A positive attitude and a collaborative approach to development are obviously essential. And then there’s…
- CSS3 and CSS preprocessors (Less or Sass).
- AngularJS (commercial exposure required).
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- TDD / BDD experience.
And you’ll get bonus points for:
- XP Experience.
- Having worked in a continuous delivery environment.
- Competitive salary.
- A discretionary, performance-based bonus — based on not just on what you do, but the way you go about doing it.
- Flexible working hours, and you can work from home one day a week.
- 25 days holiday plus an extra day for your birthday.
- An additional 4% of your salary to spend on your lifestyle.
- Free breakfast every day, plus lunch on Fridays and lots of socials.
- Playstation 4, XBOX One, retro video games and table tennis.
- Take part in hackathons, tech talks and teach kids to code.
- The chance to go to conferences and meet-ups.
- A clearly defined career path for those looking to improve their technical skills or to progress to people management.
- We’re 20th on the Sunday Times’ list of best companies to work for in the UK.
The main thing:
This is your chance to work with passionate people using cutting-edge technology, in a collaborative environment where you can make your ideas heard. We give teams total responsibility for designing, building, testing and running their applications — you can make a real difference. Join us.