Scala Developer — London
Tell me about OVO…
Love programming? Want to build great software, using leading edge technologies, with smart, passionate people?
The energy industry is changing, and technology is at the forefront of innovations that will transform it forever.
At OVO, technology and digital products are at the heart of our customer experience and they are key to our commercial success.
We were the first energy company to offer our Pay As You Go customers the opportunity to top up using their phone, the first company to offer real time electricity and gas usage data, and the first to release an apple watch App. We’ve been featured in Wired magazine for our ability to develop software to shatter the status quo.
But we’re just getting started.
We need to develop, test, and release software that scales, quickly and reliably. Over the last few years, we’ve built a highly skilled team of software engineers that is making a real impact to our business, and shaking up our industry.
We care about code quality, test automation and continuous delivery. Our developers drive our technology choices and own the software they create from their laptop all the way through to production. We’re building a better energy company, and we’re doing it one Git commit at a time.
See what we are up to @OVOTechTeam or visit our blog attech.ovoenergy.com
That sounds great! What will I be doing?
- Take ownership of, architect, build and scale parts of our microservice platform.
- Drive both product and technical improvements
- Communicate your ideas, engage with different teams and encourage debate and collaboration.
That sounds super exciting, but… Do I have what it takes?
- Commercial experience building scalable, distributed web applications in Scala
- Comfortable with functional programming
- Experience with REST and asynchronous event driven programming.
- Experience with CI, and ideally CD
- Experience driving automation across build, test and release processes.