Collaborative Extension: Part 1-Prepare and Expose Back-end APIs
We will enhance our “Manage Products” app to integrate with SAP Jam, a collaboration workspace.
In This Part
In this part, we are going to check and expose our back-end APIs to SCP.
- Check SCC by using command
sudo service scc_daemon status. If not started, use command
sudo service scc_daemon start.
- Check the app by going to Procurement Launchpad and test the Manage Products app to make sure it is working fine.
Identify Shop Back-end Service
- Open the Launchpad on the Back-end.
- Open the Shop app under Employee group.
- Enter Developer Mode (F12) and monitor the Network activities. Get the URL of the service. You should see the service name EPM_REF_APPS_SHOP_SRV is used.
- Log on your SAP back-end and go to transaction /IWFND/MAINT_SERVICE
- Search for service name *SHOP* and select the service ZEPM_REF_APPS_SHOP_SRV which has external service name = EPM_REF_APPS_SHOP_SRV
- Select it and open SAP Gateway Client
- Execute and click Data Explorer to see available entities including Reviews and Products which are our interest.
- Click EntitySets, select Reviews, and Execute to see sample data
Exposing Service to SCP
Configure OData Provisioning Service
- Log on SCP and go to Services → OData provisioning. Enable it if it is not yet enabled.
- Click the service and click Configure Service
- Go to Roles and select GW_Admin
- Assign your ID e.g. P1942275645 in the Individual Users list
- Do the same for GW_User
- Go to Destinations and click New Destination
- Enter the following information:
/4HANA IWBEP API
- Input back-end user and password and save.
- Click Check Connection to test if it is working.
Configure SAP Cloud Connector
- Log on SCC on your back-end
- Go to Cloud To On-Premise
- Click the button Check availability of internal host and you should see the Check Result = Reachable
Configure ICF Node
- Log on SAP back-end
- Go to transaction SICF and execute
- Go to node default_host > sap and activate the code iwbep. Click Yes on the popup.
Register OData Service
- Go back SCP, and open the OData provisioning service
- You should now be in OData Provisioning Administration
- Press Register button and select Destination
- Search for shop, select EPM_REF_APPS_SHOP_SRV and click Register.
- Click the link Open Service Document and you should see the response XML of Entities available under this service.
- Bookmark this URL.