UX Extension: Part 1-Preparing Back-End APIs
Here is my journey of learning openSAP course “Extending SAP S/4HANA with SAP HANA Cloud Platform”. There are a lot of steps with lengthy videos and tutorials so I think I better take notes of key important steps for my future references.
I skipped the system setup part (Week 1 Unit 6) as I chose to setup servers on the cloud instead so I didn’t need to go through those steps and jump directly to the main parts but you can take a look on this guide if you set it up locally (on VirtualBox)
We are going to import Fiori App “Manage Products” from the back-end into SCP and add sort, filter, and group by product’s average rating feature by modifying the App (without using Extension Project)
In This Part
In this part, we are going to check and test our existing back-end API.
SAP Health Check
- Download and install PuTTY
- Use PuTTYgen to convert .pem file you downloaded when you created the instance on SAP CAL to .ppk file (PuTTY Private Key file)
- In PuTTY Connection Configuation, select the .ppk file in the
Connection → SSH → Authand connect and login as root.
- Use command
su -l npladm
sapcontrol -nr 00 -function GetProcessListHere you should see all GREEN
name, description, dispstatus, textstatus, starttime, elapsedtime, pid
disp+work, Dispatcher, GREEN, Running, 2017 05 03 12:58:45, 1:13:47, 3483
igswd_mt, IGS Watchdog, GREEN, Running, 2017 05 03 12:58:45, 1:13:47, 3484
gwrd, Gateway, GREEN, Running, 2017 05 03 12:58:49, 1:13:43, 3622
icman, ICM, GREEN, Running, 2017 05 03 12:58:49, 1:13:43, 362
Back-end OData Service Check
- Go to transaction SICF
- Go to node
default host → sap → opu → odata → sap → epm_ref_apps_prod_man_srvand make sure the service is activated.
- Go to transaction /IWFND/MAINT_SERVICE
- Filter service by Technical Service Name
- You should see the service ZEPM_REF_APPS_PROD_MAN_SRV
- Select it and click SAP Gateway Client
- Execute and you should see the responded XML
- Click EntitySets in the toolbar and select Products
- Execute again and you should see all products returned.
Explore OData Service in Web Browser
- Open Fiori Launchpad at https://vhcalnplci.dummy.nodomain:44300/sap/bc/ui5_ui5/ui2/ushell/shells/abap/FioriLaunchpad.html
- Launch application Manage Products
- Enter browser’s Developer Mode and sniff for Network traffic and look for this url: http://vhcalnplci.dummy.nodomain:8000/sap/opu/odata/sap/EPM_REF_APPS_PROD_MAN_SRV/$metadata?sap-client=001&sap-documentation=heading&sap-client=001&sap-language=EN
- Open it in a new tab to see the responded XML. Please note the service name EPM_REF_APPS_PROD_MAN_SRV.