Geeksphone Keon unboxingI am fortunate to have scored one of the few Firefox OS mobile phones released a few weeks ago in Spain. A few minutes after they were announced, they were sold out, but luckily I have some connections! Lets take a look…
So thus starts a real-life evaluation of the new Firefox OS for mobile phones. I’ll be posting updates to my blog about feedback as I note interesting things. You can read about Firefox OS here.
Here are a few first thoughts:
- I love that it is HTML5 powered :)
- I am pretty sure there is an Android core running behind everything. (will confirm later)
- It wasn’t super easy to import my contacts (no google sync… yet?)
- The phone app doesn’t have a ‘favorites’ or ‘speed-dial’ feature that I could find
- It is unlocked out-of-the-box, so it worked with my ATT and T-Mobile service
- The general OS seems a little glitchy, but also reasonably smooth for a pre-release version!
- It is crazy tiny compared to my galaxy note phablet :)
More usability goodness soon. I’m also pretty jazzed that it will be easy to upgrade the OS over the air.