New Release: PAL Wallet is Now Ready for Download + Token Swap Guide!
The moment that everyone is waiting for. PAL Wallet has officially launched and is free to install on desktops and mobiles! Before we introduce the token swap guide, get started with these frequently asked questions about PAL wallet.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- What is PAL wallet launched in January 2019?
PAL wallet is integrated with the Mainnet where users will finally get to store their PAL tokens after the token swap process and run Supernodes. Additionally, PAL users are able to purchase our microinsurance products with PAL tokens stored in the PAL wallet, especially since premiums cost 50% less when paid in PAL tokens than in fiat currency (USD).
- What is PAL testnet wallet launched in September 2018?
Our testnet protocol PALLAS was launched in late September last year. PAL testnet wallet is a Proof-of-Concept (PoC) to enable users to connect to PALLAS and perform normal user transactions and wallet functions.
- How is PAL wallet different from the PAL testnet wallet?
PAL testnet wallet (PALLAS) launched in September 2018 was for testing purposes prior to Mainnet to enable users to familiarise themselves with Testnet PAL. TPALs possess no value and PALLAS allowed users to experience running Supernodes. The official PAL wallet launched this month with the Mainnet (launched 31 December 2018) where users will finally get to store their native PAL tokens after the token swap process and run Supernodes.
Get Started with the Token Swap Process
The whole token swap process should take less than ten minutes.
PAL token holders need to meet three pre-requisites:
1. Own ERC20 PAL
2. Own Ether for transactions
3. Download either the PAL mobile or desktop wallet
Step 1 (Registration):
- Visit https://swap.pal.network/ and input email address and request for a link.
- You will receive a magic link sent to your email address which will only be valid for a day. Please check your junk or spam folder if the email is not received.
- Click on the link in the email to start the application process.
Step 2 (Install PAL wallet):
Users need to download and install the PAL Wallet application based on the following steps.
For Mac users
- Click Download and you will be directed to GitHub
- Download the latest .dmg file
- Go to your Downloads folder, right-click on the “.dmg” file and select Open
- Move the PAL Wallet application to your Applications folder
- Within the Applications folder, right-click on PAL Wallet application and select Open
For Windows users
- Click Download and you will be directed to GitHub
- Download the latest .exe file
- Open the file to install
- The PAL Wallet application will pop up after installation is completed
Click next once completed.
- Input your PAL Wallet address. Your wallet address can be found under your Account Name.
- Click Next.
IMPORTANT! Only perform the swap for ERC20 PAL tokens, you can confirm by checking your wallet address at Etherscan.
There is NO NEED to swap if your PAL tokens appear in your PAL Wallet and/or you have recently withdrawn from our supporting exchanges (Bittrex, Coinbene, Kucoin). Swapping native PAL will be LOST. You can confirm by checking your wallet address at PAL Explorer.
Proceed only when you are clear. If in doubt, seek help from our telegram channel or email our support at email@example.com
- Send your ERC20 PAL to the assigned address (blue address) via any Ethereum wallets (i.e. MetaMask, MEW) Do not send from Smart Contracts or exchanges. Only send ERC20 PAL to this address, sending any other tokens (including native PAL) will be LOST.
- Receive native PAL in your PAL Wallet (green address) in a one-to-one swap ratio.
- NOTE: Swap All button only works if you have MetaMask installed.
Need clearer guidance?
Here’s a Token Swap Walkthrough video guide (using MetaMask) to help our community members visualise clear on the token swap process!
About PAL Network
PAL Network is one of the fastest growing blockchain startup based in Singapore. The company built a dual-layered protocol for financial assets with the vision to build an ecosystem where individuals and partners can design and customise new financial products.
PAL Network designs insurance and finance solutions onto smart contracts within minutes. Through its APIs, PAL Network empowers its partners to cross-sell relevant insurance products at the point-of-demand, thereby bridging the gap between financial products and customer.
PAL Network is a member of Singapore Fintech Association and ACCESS. PAL Network’s affiliated entity, PolicyPal Singapore, has an active user base of 50,000 for its app, which helps users to manage, buy and optimise their insurance policies.
Currently, PAL Network has partnerships with insurance companies, FWD and Ergo, to explore potential use cases of our decentralised protocol together. Furthermore, we have also established collaborations with blockchain projects NEM, QTUM, Sentinel Protocol, MediBloc, Digix and traceto.io to offer CryptoProtect and mainstream insurance products for the projects themselves, along with their respective communities.
Learn more about PAL Network:
Telegram (Chinese): https://t.me/PolicyPalNetworkCN
Telegram (Korean): https://t.me/PalNetwork_KR
Blog (English): https://medium.com/@palnetwork_
Blog (Chinese): https://www.jianshu.com/u/04e398cadb84